It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
(male)

wmfh210 HB User
I just can't seem to get my mind right.

Need some help... Been on 20mg Lexipro for past two months and 10 MG before that for three months. I just can't seem to get my mind right. I get very nervous and uppset and then I can relapse into sleep and do nothing mode. I hold a job, but find it harder and harder to function on a day to day baisis. I have been single for the past four years but can't bring myself to make new close friend. Still have the feeling of no hope, but am told to take it day by day...is getting hard to keep up a front.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User
Re: I just can't seem to get my mind right.

wow- do we share alot in common! Sadly, I too am on lexapro, and dealing with the same issue's... I meet someone and give them my number hoping i will actually answer when they call but don't. I lost my job a couple weeks ago because of my anxiety and depression. Which has made life worse for me... So, you are not alone- I am sorry I cannot help you but know I am here..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
(male)

wmfh210 HB User

Sure seems like we are in the same position in life. I have been lonely for the past 4 years and find harder and harder to find the ambition to meet and then have no idea where to start. This whole depression thing is hard to understand. Will it ever end? I can feel for you in the loss of your job. I have questioned the Lexapro med,, but I cansee some improvememnt. Stick with it and pray that we can find ourselves.

The following user gives a hug of support to wmfh210:
tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
Old 05-27-2011, 06:40 PM   #4
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User

been long for me too. I am female and cannot even have a female friendship in person, i don't know what my problem is but i hate it and do not know what to do about it, i seem to be getting alot worse!

The following user gives a hug of support to ghelpmelivelife:
tinkerbell45 (05-28-2011)
Old 05-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
(female)

tinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB Usertinkerbell45 HB User

I can reach out to you and the others that feel like you too. I suffer from major depression,bi-polar,etc... see notes if ya wanna and i take ALOT of meds but i still have REALLY bad days too. I have been on SOOOO many different meds since 1992 it blows my mind to even think about it. I keep hoping for some "miracle medicine" that will make it ALL BETTER. I realize a pill can't cure everything but i sure would be willing to take it to try along with my therapy of course..... TAKE CARE!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to tinkerbell45:
wmfh210 (05-28-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to tinkerbell45 For This Useful Post:
wmfh210 (05-28-2011)
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
(male)

wmfh210 HB User

Thanks for your reply. Still having trouble,but is good to see others are ficghting too. Cna't give up, keep trying

Old 06-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
(male)

LossInSpace HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmfh210 View Post
Need some help... Been on 20mg Lexipro for past two months and 10 MG before that for three months. I just can't seem to get my mind right. I get very nervous and uppset and then I can relapse into sleep and do nothing mode. I hold a job, but find it harder and harder to function on a day to day baisis. I have been single for the past four years but can't bring myself to make new close friend. Still have the feeling of no hope, but am told to take it day by day...is getting hard to keep up a front.

I know how you feel. My brain has turned to mush. I don't take any meds. I feel like I'm coming unhinged mentally.

Closed Thread