It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
(female)

Samwyz HB User
Is there any good generic Wellbutrin xl?

Today I forked over $200 with insurance for brand name wellbutrin xl 150mg. I have only heard bad or just ok things about generic so I wanted to make sure I was getting the best I could because I am extremely afraid of side effects. I was just wondering if anyone had a GREAT experience with any generic wellbutrin xls? I don't know if I will be able to afford the name brand all of the time, but I want to make sure I'm doing the best for my body & health that I can. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks! : )

Old 05-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Is there any good generic Wellbutrin xl?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwyz View Post
Today I forked over $200 with insurance for brand name wellbutrin xl 150mg. I have only heard bad or just ok things about generic so I wanted to make sure I was getting the best I could because I am extremely afraid of side effects. I was just wondering if anyone had a GREAT experience with any generic wellbutrin xls? I don't know if I will be able to afford the name brand all of the time, but I want to make sure I'm doing the best for my body & health that I can. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks! : )
Ask your DR. My Daughters take Zoloft and are only allowed GREEN generic as it is more "consistant". I was to just start on Effexor and my dr did Generic as it can be 20% lower(in my advantage as I am sensitive to meds) OR 20% more than name brand.....Try the generic and see how it works...if not go back to name brand and get your insurance to approve it!

The Following User Says Thank You to fusionqueen For This Useful Post:
Samwyz (05-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

Samwyz HB User
Re: Is there any good generic Wellbutrin xl?

You think that if I try the generic for a month & they don't work as well as the name brand that the insurance company would give me more money off? As of right now they only take off ~$65 on the name brand. Luckily I had money at the time but for being only 20 with a part time job idk if I'll be able to keep up. I just really want to make sure I'm getting the best I can for my body. Thanks so much for your reply!

Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

woolfnstein HB User
Thumbs up Re: Is there any good generic Wellbutrin xl?

I take WellBell XR 150mg and it is extremely high! The pharmacies in my area do not have a generic version, but I did find that some pharmacies will work with you on price. My situation is, I do not have a job, the money I have only pays the mortgage which is behind. My pharmacist understands my problem and suggested calling other pharmacies like Walmart to price my scripts.

Walmart did sell my medication at about $110 -$120. Three months later my regular pharmacist at Kroger and I discussed what Walmart charged last time and said if I could still purchase extended release at that price they would match or charge me a lower price.

Kroger verified Walmart's price then told me I could purchase my 3 month supply for $104. Still a lot of money but a kind friend of the family helped me pay for my meds. What angels - I feel blessed.

Maybe you have the same type of option. My doctor also stated I could write to the manufacturer and ask for assistance.

Woolfie

Closed Thread