It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
(female)

jacq42 HB Userjacq42 HB User
Red face bad psychiatrist appointment please help me

Hi all well I got a cancellation today for this afternoon I was happy finally I was going to get help,well that's what I assumed.
What a joke the psychiatrist had got the letter from my GP stating the diagnosis of bipolar so of course I had to explain all the symptoms again,he asked if I've ever over spent of course I had,but this was not enough info for him,he wanted to know when I got my visa,how to I shop with limited mobility,to which I replied on the internet,omg he went on and on about it.
I told him how desperate I am for help,he wasn't bothered just told me that I had to return in october with a mood diary!
So although my GP and husband had told him everything this was still not good enough,he disregarded previous suicide attempts
And when I cried with temper he told me crying wouldn't get me anywhere!
How much more do I have to beg for help?
He also said that I had not mentioned some of these symptoms in my last appointment 5 yrs ago but that was because my nother told me not to as my kids would be taken away from me,and of course I had no reason not to doubt her she's a social worker.
I'm so annoyed and frustrated and can't afford to go private,I also can't see a different psych as there are only 2 available!
Please help me with any advice or similar experiences before I totally crack
Many thanks for reading
Jacq

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread