It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB UserssMarilyn HB User
First time to this part of Healthboards...

I usually frequent the thyroid board, but now have a depression problem so was hoping someone here might have some advice to share with me. I'll try to explain as thoroughly as possible.

Due to years and years of improper treatment for my thyroid, I checked the Top Docs list here in MN and found a new MD/NA to see. Here's the way it went after I set up my first appt with him:

5/5 Ė Metal filled (mercury) capped tooth pulled after 7 days on Amoxicillin for infection in my gums.

5/10 Ė Saw new MD/NA. Started Cytomel to help my thyroid improve it's conversion of stored hormone to useable hormone. On the 4th day of taking Cytomel, my ears started buzzing and havenít quit. I stopped Cytomel after 6 days due to paranoia, hyperactivity.

Stopped all supplements shortly after this for 10 days in order to get accurate results for my blood tests that were ordered by my new MD. (this included B12 and D3) On the 7th day of no supplements, I started to feel a cloud come over my brain and it just gradually got worse. I have been experiencing depression on and off ever since. More on than off. Started the supplements back up on the 11th day and the depression is getting less severe. I have never had depression like this before. It comes and goes so fast. One minute I feel kind of okay and then in a little bit I feel like Iím in a black pit and donít care about anything. I donít even want my dogs to be near me. Itís not as bad now as it was a few days ago. Can this perhaps be caused by either the metal filled and capped tooth that was pulled, the Cytomel, the supplement halt or a combination of all 3?

I have never experienced anything like this in my entire life and it baffles me that it came on so fast and comes and goes. I'm starting to plateau, but don't feel near normal yet. I used to be happy-go-lucky all the time and aside from poor sleep patterns, I have a very happy and stable life. I hope someone has some words of wisdom for me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Re: First time to this part of Healthboards...

Wow, no replies? Where is everyone??

Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

I think the reason your post is not being answered at least in my opinion is the drugs or supplements you were taking or are taking are not common ones we see here. If I were you I would head back to the doctor and get a full workup done including blood work to see if the reason can be nailed down. Your mood cycling so fast does not really seem to fit with depression and without any prior history it sure sounds like a pure medical problem to me
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

The Following User Says Thank You to trg247 For This Useful Post:
ssMarilyn (07-26-2011)
Old 07-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Thank you, your input really helps. I only took Cytomel for 6 days, but between that and the other things I mentioned, I wondered if this was just a temporary thing or not. I appreciate your response. I did have tons of blood tests done and the results are in. I have an appt with my MD next week to discuss them, but in the meantime was seeking some support and an ear.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Have all of the symptoms gone away? If so it have have been that med you were taking. Hopefully by not having an immediate appointment it means there is nothing serious at play.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 07-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I haven't had major depression today, but all night long I felt bad. I usually have it on and off throughout the day. Maybe I'm coming out of it. I hope so!

Closed Thread