It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

bunnyangel HB User
Question Viibryd? Anyone Try this?

Hi! I have suffered with major depressive disorder and GAD for about 20 years now. I have been on all of the other antidepressants with very little luck. Wellbutrin seemed to make me feel the most "normal". After trying lexapro for about six months and having terrible anxiety with it, my psych gives me a sample of Viibryd(I'd asked to switched back to Wellbutrin) and I'm really afraid to try another one not knowing much about it. Just wondering if anyone has tried it and how it worked for you.
Thank you

Old 10-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User
Re: Viibryd? Anyone Try this?

Hello, I was just curious if you had tried the Viibryd? I am on Lexapro right now, and it is giving me bad side effects. I have major depression, GAD, OCD, and panic disorder, so I can't seem to find the right med. Thought I'd see if you've tried it.
Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #3
(female)

bunnyangel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche31 View Post
Hello, I was just curious if you had tried the Viibryd? I am on Lexapro right now, and it is giving me bad side effects. I have major depression, GAD, OCD, and panic disorder, so I can't seem to find the right med. Thought I'd see if you've tried it.
Thanks!
No...sorry...I'm too chicken to try it I wish I knew someone who had......I've read online about it, but it's really too new for me to feel comfortable....Hope someone answers that has tried it

Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

I am on day 5 of Viibryd. It has improved my mood a ton!! BUt I am dealing with anxiety on it and hoping that will improve. Do not be chicken to try it. I am so med sensitive but had to do something and glad I did. even on the 10 my depression is pretty much gone in 5 days. Keep us posted on your progress.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:27 AM   #5
(female)

bunnyangel HB User

Hi again! I had posted this a while back and still have not tried the Viibryd. I seriously think I have a phobia of medications lol. Looked it up and its was called pharmacophobia or something like that. I have had so many adverse reactions to so many different meds that my fear is not unfounded. Fusionqueen, did you take it at bedtime and did it make you sleepy or anything? I also take ambien and xanax and flexaril for my back as needed at bedtime so I suppose I don't want to oversedate myself. At any rate would still like to hear from any others who have tried it. It's not that I don't believe you fusionqueen, it's just that in order for me to try something I need to know how others have reacted. I hate feeling like this and wish I could trust doctors...thank those of you who have responded. I'll keep checking back Good luck to all of you!

Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

Hi BunnyAngel I used to be the EXACT same way and I would sometimes get side effects I think because I read about them. I now deal mostly with depression. I figure I will not know till I try. You can google for Viibryd reviews and there are alot of really good success stories. You will see the bad reviews as well but remember more people are apt to post about a negative reaction than a positive one. You can always start with 5mg and work up. I also find I have less side effects if I can take my med at night. I think I sleep thru the peak of the med or something. GOOD LUCK!!

The following user gives a hug of support to fusionqueen:
bunnyangel (12-04-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to fusionqueen For This Useful Post:
bunnyangel (12-04-2011)
Closed Thread