It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
(female)

xenagurl20 HB User
Unhappy Depression Taking Over My Life

Let me start out by saying that six months ago I was prescribed Viibryd. I am taking 40mgs of the Viibryd and 200mgs of Seroquel XR. I started seeing my Psychiatrist about 4 years ago and through those 4 years we have gone through 6 different medications not including the Viibryd and Seroquel. All with the same end result. They either don't work, have negative side effects, or just seem to stop working.

To tell you the truth I am at a complete lost because for the past 6 months since starting the Viibryd I have not felt anything but sadness, anger, and frustration. Also I have been crying myself to sleep EVERY night. I tell my doctor when I see him every two weeks that I don't feel anything and that I feel like I'm spiraling into despair, but he doesn't do anything. The next medication he said he wants to try is Vivactil. He hasn't changed meds yet but I just want to stop all the medications. It hurts too much anymore to keep trying any more medications.

I told him that I am so frustrated with life and I just want to stop all my medications and give up but all he had to say was "the medications are not going to make you happy" I realize this but my question is then why keep trying other medications when they don't seem to work anyways. I suggested something physical like ECT but my Father said he will do anything in his power for that not to happen. One I'm 24, two it's my life, and three I am at the end of my rope and don't know what to do anymore.

I'm at a complete loss. Honestly the depression is affecting my work. I am a service clerk at a grocery store and I feel like I have to put on a mask just to get through the day. I hate doing that when nothing feels happy or upbeat. I feel like I've been struggling with depression for so long that I don't know what "normal" feels like anymore. I feel lost....

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I've been on Lexapro, Luvox, Abilify, Lithium, Pristiq, Cytomel (thyroid), Viibryd, and, Seroquel XR. After trying all these medications over the past 4 years they just don't seem to work.....

To tell you the truth I'm tired of playing this chemical matching game. I feel like all the chemicals over time have messed me up to the point of no return. I just want to give up...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Depression Taking Over My Life

Hello xenagurl20.

I'm sorry to hear you're going through a bad time in your life.

Have you tried therapy? If not, you may have more success with therapy than with medication. I think a therapist would give a more useful response than what your doctor said to you in regards to your expressions of frustration and despair. One medication that has really worked for me is Zoloft. I haven't gone through as many medications as you but I can relate to the frustration of not finding the right medication.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Depression Taking Over My Life

Viibryd made me more depressed!! You need to talk to to your Dr about getting off and on to something else. Good Luck!

Closed Thread