It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Pristiq?????

Hi, I just recently started this medication and was wondering for those of you whom have taken this or tried it, do you have weight issues with this medication?

Like Loss? Not allot but did you notice some? And did you feel a little hiper at first? I am on 50 mgs..

Please any info would be greatly appreciate...........

Have a great day,all.........

Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
(female)

KosmoKramer HB UserKosmoKramer HB User
Re: Pristiq?????

Regreted taking it as soon as i took it. It made my skin *****ly hot and anxious. Couldn't settle down. Extremely uncomfortable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

WOrks for me..But i have FATIGUE!! I am now on half of a 25mg at night and big difference. I gained a total of 12lbs in 2 years of going off and on this med. Never lost a pound off it. How long have you been on it and how are you doing?

Old 02-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
(female)

Samanataha HB User

At first, I was sooo hyper. I had to leave class several times because I was sweating, jittering, like I drank 6 cups of coffee. I also felt AWESOME. Like everything was fantastic.

That feeling went away after about a week.

I've lost 12 pounds since starting Pristiq (November 2011-present), however I went through major stress during that time ending a long term relationship, so I had very little appetite anyway.

I am now up to 100mg a day, and I'm planning on getting off it soon. The brain zaps are unbearable.

The Following User Says Thank You to Samanataha For This Useful Post:
himmylover (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Thank you

I have been the same wayyyyyyyyy hyper and omg thirsty. I am only starting on week two @ 50mgs..............so I guess I will see................

I HAVE GONE THROUGH OF STRESS TO WITH MY MOM AND HER ILLNESS. SO I FEEL YOUR PAIN AND APPRECIATE YOU TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE BACK. ON YOU GOING ON SOMETHING ELSE?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
(female)

Samanataha HB User

No, the intense side effects went away for me pretty quickly. I remember the thirst too!! Ahh I remember it all so well. It's crazy!!! And the insomnia

I ended up getting my dose upped to 100mg, which is what I'm on now. I'm going to see my doc on Tuesday to talk about tapering off of pristiq. It did it's job for a few months, but now it's more harm than good.

I hope it works well for you, the side effects will go away soon. For me, the first two weeks were the best. I had energy, I was happy, I was getting along with my mom (never happens lol.)

Old 02-26-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

THAT IS GREAT.............IT WORKED FOR YOU FOR AWHILE, I HATE IT WHEN ONE POOPS OUT AND THEN YOU HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER. I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT GETTING ALONG WITH YOUR MOM, ME TOO.

AND IN GENERAL OTHERS THAT USED TO BUG ME.........LOL.

HOPE THE NEXT ONE WORKS FOR YOU IF YOU DECIDE TO GO THAT ROUTE.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO, AND HEY, I JUST MADE ANOTHER FRIEND ON HERE TODAY..............

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
(female)

feelingdepleted HB User

I personally loved Pristiq after switching from Zoloft, which made me feel like a zombie. I was happy, giddy, hyper,grandiose....didn't have a worry in the world. The problem is that It caused over the top mania. I became a different person and did things I would never do and that I can never take back that has forever changed my life.
After a few months, the manic side effects subsided and reality set in HARD. I stopped taking it and the withdrawal was quite severe considering I had only been on it for 3 or 4 months.
I had since researched the drug and mania is one of the possible side effects...btw, I am not bipolar and have never experienced mania before. It's a newer drug and I'm sure in due time, there will be more horror stories and possibly a class action law suit against this drug, IMO. Just be cautious of any major personality changes. That would be a definite red flag that you are experiencing adverse affects from Pristiq.

Closed Thread