It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
(female)

missu HB User
Question wellbutrin and stomach pains

i just started Wellbutrin SA four days ago and have had a serious stomach pain ever since , it makes me afraid to take it anymore and it is a shame because have heard lots of positive feedback about Wellbutrin.
The pain is horrible it lasts all day and when i finally get to sleep i wake up with stomach pain.I have tried eating before i take it , otc antacids, and does not help.I wonder if anyone can tell me when this horrible side effect will go away ?

Old 02-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: wellbutrin and stomach pains

Hello missu.

I'm sorry to hear Wellbutrin isn't working for you. Have you talked to your doctor about whether there is there any other medication you're taking or food you're consuming that may not mix well with Wellbutrin?

If you're considering trying a different med the stomach pains will probably go away once you stop taking Wellbutrin as you've only been taking it for a few days. If you want to continue taking Wellbutrin your stomach pains could continue anywhere from a few weeks to indefinitely.

The following user gives a hug of support to flamesabers:
missu (02-23-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
missu (02-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

missu HB User
Re: wellbutrin and stomach pains

Dear Flamesabers,
My doctor is really hard to get a hold of so i left a message .I appreciate your answer , however i really do hope that the pain is only a few weeks , that i could bear, the indefinitely part i could not bear . I have decided to take the wellbutrin every other day at first , as a matter of fact i did not take it yesterday and took an antacid and my stomach felt better already , and i took my regular dose of Wellbutrin today and my stomach does not hurt (as much) i hope it is cause i am adjusting to the medicine .Thanks again for your help .!

Closed Thread