It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User
Depression and Body Pain

Hi all, new to this forum, but have been lurking a bit.

I was injured at work in Feb of 2011. It was to my neck, left shoulder and arm. Because of insurance issues and fighting workmans comp. my only therapy was pain meds. I went from Vicoden to Oxycodone, and have been taking it 3 times a day, every day since.

The pain meds helped for about 5 months and then I noticed that I had body pain all over. When I walked, slept, moved around. I didnt have to be moving at all and my muscles would ache. Because of being in pain, being out of work and feeling stuck, my depression got the best of me.

My question is: Has anyone ever experienced body pain due to depression? Before my work injury, I worked out, was in great shape. What on earth could have happened?

My insurance finally changed on Feb 1 of this year and I am now going to be able to see the dr of my choice. Hopefully now I will be able to get some help.

Thanks in advance

Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User
Re: Depression and Body Pain

Hi,
Sometimes what happens when people suffer from depression is that they have so much to express/vent and yet are stuck so they end up putting extra stress on the body to cope. Sometimes the physical pain can make it easier because it takes away the burden from the mind that something in our control is hurting if you know what I mean.
What you need to seek though is to get all the help you can get and use the insurance in talking through your mental health concerns.
Let me know if this makes sense. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to keenobserver For This Useful Post:
Arianna2 (03-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
(female)

Arianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB UserArianna2 HB User

Thanks keen for the reply, You do make sense *Mental Health concerns*.. how that makes me sad. Words that shun people in our society and makes people who are depressed even more so. I dont even know how to begin seeking help in that area. We do have better insurance, BUT.. you know how companies have decreased benefits, Ford has seperated mental health into their own category, and you have to go to their drs. Seeking a good mental health dr off of a list, UGH! But you are right, Ive put this off... I need therapy to try to cope with all the different aspects of this past year's events. I just didnt think it would go on so long......

Old 03-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

keenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB Userkeenobserver HB User

Hi,
Good to hear that you want to get help with a doctor for your mental health issues. What people do not realise though is that as hard as it is to admit to such things, it is actually a brave thing to admit that it is a problem and you would like to get help in this regard. Just thinking though, do you remember how life was before the incident, whether you can go back to a stage where you were not in any pain at all?
Thanks

Closed Thread