It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User
Anybody ever heard of a Wellbutrin dose of...

600 mg a day? Long story short, I have depression which has gotten worse due to CRPS from multiple hand surgeries over the past 4 years. This has landed me unable to work at the age of 41. I was depressed prior to the hand(s) problems but it has been egxacerbated by all of the pain and surgeries etc. So, I am on Wellbutrin 150 mg 2x a day for depression and 60mg of Cymbalta for pain management (along with another med. for pain, which is a non narcotic medication, by choice) I went to a "Pain Psychiatrist" or something like that today and he tells me my depression medication is not at a theraputic dose! I have been with my Psychiatrist for 5 years now and she is well aware of my medications and all of the changes (she prescribes the wellbutrin)

The Cymbalta is an Anti-depressant but it is also used to treat nerve pain, so it is being used for me I guess for both, but prescribed by my Pain Doctor. This new doctor says Wellbutrin can go up to 600 mg. a day...I am like what?? Never heard of such a dose. I looked on line and every medical site I can find only says 450 for a max dose.

Anyone ever take 600 mg? If so, how was it?

Thanks

Last edited by mellow; 03-15-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: mistake

Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Anybody ever heard of a Wellbutrin dose of..

Hello mellow.

No, I haven't heard of anyone being prescribed 600mg of Wellbutrin. The highest dose I've taken is 300mg and I knew it was working so I don't understand why your pain psychiatrist would say it's not at a therapeutic dose.

Do you feel the Wellbutrin is not working for you? It sounds strange he would say something like that unless you wanted to make a change in your medication or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread