It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

jay84 HB Userjay84 HB Userjay84 HB User
I think I just need encouragement

I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm in so much pain that is preventing me from enjoying my family, friends, my life. I'm a stay at home mom with two wonderful kiddos. My daughter is 7 and my son is 8 months.

I had a rough pregnancy with both my children, but my son's was worse. I have major issues with my hip/back from a car accident 11 years ago. This last pregnancy I was basically bounded to a chair and unable to take care of anything with out being in extreme pain. After his birth, things got a little easier til he started growing and gaining weight. Now I can barely lift him off the floor or out of his crib.

I refuse to sacrifice my family and my time with them because of the pain, which in return makes me hurt worse. The doctors are trying to figure out what is wrong and how to fix it, but everyday is such a struggle to just do minor things that a stay at home mom enjoys doing.

I know there is a pain/depression cycle and I feel it is getting worse(my depression). I am on Celexa 40 mg a day and Ativan .5mg as needed. I find I have been taking more Ativan more often because I just can't get myself calmed down when the stress level and anxiety increases. I am one of those people that clean when they are stressed but because of the pain I am not able to do it.

Any suggestions from people would be wonderful. If not, maybe just venting and getting this all out will help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: I think I just need encouragement

Hello jaymison84.

I'm sorry to hear you're in a lot of pain right now.

If you can, I suggest talking to a therapist about what you're up against and to see if there's anything you can do to better cope with the problems you're facing. Another possibility would be to join a support group for moms.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
(female)

jay84 HB Userjay84 HB Userjay84 HB User

Thank you. I have been to therapist on/off since my car accident. I only get soo far with them. We live in a small town so there is only a few that are here with out having to travel far. Because of the pain, I don't drive very much because I'm afraid of having a spasm and getting into another car accident.

Thank you for listening. I will look into that support group thing though.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymison84 View Post
Thank you for listening. I will look into that support group thing though.
Your welcome. I hope you'll find a support group that works out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
jay84 (03-30-2012)
Closed Thread