It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

SS Ohdee HB User
Long Wait for AD to Work.

Hey guys. I'm new here, but that doesn't mean I haven't been (obsessively?) lurking about. I don't want to bore anyone with my story....it has been long, there has been pain .... I'm pretty sure you all already know it! So I want to get to the point of this thread:

Who here waited through a long period between when they first began their AD and when they felt they were in remission/good enough?
- You know, those who took over a month before they felt anything, and perhaps longer until they felt truly themselves.

I'm currently a month in on my current dose of effexor, and I'm still having my moments and doubts. I just want to calm myself, by reminding myself that there are people out there in which the 6-8 week recommendation was actually worth it, even with very little mood lift for quite some time.

So please! Give me affirmation. No horror stories/effexor hate/warnings/negativity.

Last edited by SS Ohdee; 05-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Long Wait for AD to Work.

Hello SS Ohdee.

I've been on various anti-depressants over the last fifteen months. I'm not able to remember precisely how long it took before I felt a little better with each anti-depressant but I thought I would chime in here.

If you haven't tried this I recommend asking your doctor/therapist/family members if they've noticed any improvement with your mood. Oftentimes the people around us notice a change before we do. I remember talking to one of my counselors over the phone and she said my voice sounded more animated since I talked with her last. I didn't notice any difference but evidently she did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
(female)

spring thistle HB User
Re: Long Wait for AD to Work.

Hay, no horror stories here but i am the worst anti-depressive tablet taking patient in the world lol i self diagnose hahah no seriously the key is to 'keep at it' no other recommendation there are always gonna be days when you feel worse than others but thats normal for any human being, crazy or not ive been taking AD for 9 years and had many an up and down time effexor is one of the heavier ones out there they dont suit everyone but fingers crossed it works for you, keep popping them pills and carry on with you life on a day to day basis, i give it 2 months or there abouts its a gradual thing remember you dont wake up one morning and be a different person so dont expect fireworks. hope this helps

Closed Thread