It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

sylviasix HB User
I don't know what else to try! Seroquel? Any suggestions??

I have been on so many antidepressants and nothing seems to work. My last one was Pristiq. I was lucky not to have any side effects while on it but it was a nightmare getting off of it! I have since held a prescription of Paxil in my purse for two months afraid to try it because when I went to my primary physician she told me that if I thought it was bad getting off of Pristiq that Paxil will be three times worse.

I was thinking about asking for Seroquel because I have a family member who has had good results with it. Can you tell me your experience with it?
I know it makes you tired but I suffer from total insomnia so it won't bother me in that way.

Do you have any other suggestions when all else seems to have failed?

I also have emotional numbness and if anyone knows of anything that helps that I will do happy flips all day. Lol

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: I don't know what else to try! Seroquel? Any suggestions??

Hello sylviasix.

Abilify might be one med to look into if you haven't tried it yet. I don't have any experience with Seroquel so I don't know what kind of side-effects you may have to endure.

What has worked for me is 200mg of Zoloft. Zoloft has helped me with restoring my interest in activities and talking with people. And coincidentally, the one side-effect I've had with it is tiredness, which might be helpful with your insomnia.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
sylviasix (05-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User

Effexor is a good one, but is one of the hardest medications to get off of if need be. Seroquel and Depakote did nothing but make me gain tons of weight which made me even more depressed. Right now I'm on Lexapro which works good for me also =) I also had success with Celexa. DO you have other mental illnesses or just depression? I'm bi-polar 2 with depression and am on Lamictal as well which works WONDERS for me .

The Following User Says Thank You to frisbeefreak For This Useful Post:
sylviasix (05-11-2012)
Old 05-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
(female)

sylviasix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello sylviasix.

Abilify might be one med to look into if you haven't tried it yet. I don't have any experience with Seroquel so I don't know what kind of side-effects you may have to endure.

What has worked for me is 200mg of Zoloft. Zoloft has helped me with restoring my interest in activities and talking with people. And coincidentally, the one side-effect I've had with it is tiredness, which might be helpful with your insomnia.
Can Abilify be taken alone or does it always need to be paired up with an antidepressant?

Thanks so much for your responses!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylviasix View Post
Can Abilify be taken alone or does it always need to be paired up with an antidepressant?
I'm not sure. I'm sure your doctor or pharmacist can give you an answer on this.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User

Hi-for me it's Effexor and Topomax. I was at the point where I would only go to work,then I would come home and get right back in the bed. I was on 150mg of the Effexor and it didn't do anything so my husband talked to my doctor and the doctor tweaked and added. Now I'm at 300 mg Effexor er and 200mg Topomax. It really has been a life saver for me. That's just my 2 cents-Christina

Closed Thread