It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

earthmommy HB User
Talking Minocycline Helped Me!!

Hi all.

I have depression as well as a host of other physical problems, one being chronic infections. For years, I have had to take antibiotics which cause me to be very depressed, despite antidepressants. I have been praying and searching.

I started Minocycline 100mg twice a day four days ago. Nothing but pain relieving (anti inflammatory) and depression lifting for me. I know any antibiotic can cause depression and this one certainly can, but there was a study, and in it 1/3 of the depressed patients actually got better. I knew it was a long shot....but it helps!! I will let you know if it turns on me after a while. I just wanted to tell everyone about it because it is a prayer answered and if you are dealing with mental and physical illness, it may help you. It also may help treatment resistant depressed patients.

I think people take it for acne so that is a plus if you have some skin issues!

Good luck!!

Laura

Old 05-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Paddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB UserPaddy55 HB User
Re: Minocycline Helped Me!!

EarthMommy - what an amazing thing to happen for you. I had minocycline prescribed to me for acne, and have used it only one time for a bad flare. Didn't notice any change in my mood, which defenitely could use a lift, but will be watching the next time I use it.
Good luck with it, I hope it continuesfor you, and yes - please keep us posted!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
(female)

lolalalalalola HB User
Re: Minocycline Helped Me!!

I was on antibiotics (including minocycline ... all of the "cycline" family I think) for 2 years for acne when I was in my late teens. All they did was give me digestion issues and stomach problems. Cool.

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, depression, pain