It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
(female)

SickofAnxiety HB User
Sad and no one to talk to

I suffer from anxiety and depression. Some days it "good" and others not so good

Im always feeling alone,thats because I pretty much am. I have a husband and child whom I love more than anything but sometimes I wish I had other people to talk with. I try and reach out to people just to be pushed away. It gets old! I thought I had some "friends" just to find out when I need them they could care less. What is a person to do??? I suffer from anxiety so that holds me back and the depression makes everything worse! When Im feeling hurt or down people just dont want to hear it. When things are going bad and people are starting with me my so called friends back off and just let me be "attacked" and hurt and say NOTHING! People only seem to care when THEY need me for something! I like to be nice and help others but when will it be my turn for someone to care about me?

The following user gives a hug of support to SickofAnxiety:
Phoenix (05-19-2012)
Old 05-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Sad and no one to talk to

Hello SickofAnxiety.

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling sad and lonely.

I can really relate to having some good days and some downright terrible days.

As far as trying to find supportive people, my thought would be to try to find a support group for people suffering from anxiety and depression. I'm sure people who are going through what you're going through would be far more willing to listen and support you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofAnxiety View Post
People only seem to care when THEY need me for something! I like to be nice and help others but when will it be my turn for someone to care about me?
Hello SickofAnxiety,

You are among friends here;unbiased and non-judgemental.

Friends may come and go but true friends will stay around when the going gets tough.

If you're up to it,please post as often as you feel the need to.

In the meanwhile,please feel free to go through previous threads.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
SickofAnxiety (05-29-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
(female)

JoannDesh HB User

hi, support groups are alright, but there is one that will hear your problems for free, you don't have to go any where or pay anything. Try God, he's always there to listen, also, those therapy group don't really work, neither does group therapy, and don't try the social clubs, i been there and done that, it's really a waste of time, because you really don't get your feeling out the way you want due to a large group and little time. I always talked to God and had great results and still he is taking care of my emotional and every need I have. oh and if you want you can talk to me, that's up to you, I'll listen and help you if I can. hope I helped. oh and you might want to try writing your feeling in a journal every day or when the need hits. peace.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
(female)

JoannDesh HB User

channel into your talent too it will distract your feelings of alone.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
(female)

SickofAnxiety HB User

thanks all! It means a lot that people actually responded to me. You have some great ideas. I think I might start a blog just to let my feelings out. Im so happy I found this place!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
(female)

JoannDesh HB User
Post Re: Sad and no one to talk to

your more then welcome, have a great day and remember, keep your head held high. That's something a person told me a long time ago, and pass on the love people out there need some, bye.

JoannDesh

Old 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #8
(female)

Godofmercy HB User

Hi, i do go through what you are going thru right now, but i tell you dont try to look for true friend because there is none, even among your family. The only true friend you can have is JESUS! try Him now by giving your life to Jesus. He is our present help in time of need, He will never fail you. Just invite Him into your life in faith anytime, and you will never regret it.

Old 05-27-2012, 05:03 AM   #9
(female)

jogee322 HB User

Hi!
I really haven't posted here much b/c sometimes it is too much for me to read about let alone give advise/support others when I'm stuggling so much myself. I totally understand how you feel. I think there are very few people that I could reach out too. I don't think many people want to hear about anxiety/depression. I have a husband and three beautiful children with a great life. Yet I feel down and get axious over the littlest things. I am trying to come to terms with the fact that I will need to be on antidepressants for the rest of my life. Are you on meds? Do you see a therapist? I also found that my therapist keeps me in check. I also went through several before I found someone I connected with.
I hope you are feeling better.
Jo

The following user gives a hug of support to jogee322:
Phoenix (05-27-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #10
(female)

wordgirl07 HB User

Let me first say that I can totally relate to such much that is shared on the depression/anxiety board. I have suffered since teenhood (I am now in my 50's). I remember having panic attacks as a teen, later followed by bouts of depression, where I felt completely hopeless. I have done so much research and studying for a cure to my problems and today I feel great. Let me share my discoveries to help others. First, identify if you are depressed/anxious about something going on in your life. We can't always change our circumstances but we can change our perception about them. I recomnend CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy). Next, make sure you get a complete physical with bloodwork to test hormones, thyroid, vitamin levels, etc. I got the most help from a D.O. because he was up to date with the latest research. He also does other tests to determine thyroid and hormone problems. It turns out, I had an underactive thyroid and was very deficient in Viamin D. Next, I changed my lifestyle to include healthy eating (cutting out processed foods, sugar and alcohol). I walk every day and get plenty of rest and sunshine! Lastly, I Lexapro 30 mg. to aid in the relief of depression and anxiety. AThe Lexapro helped a lot but I still felt some brain fogginess/heaviness/fatigue. This is the thing that I was pleasantly surprised by. I do not have ADHD and never have. Concerta is not approved for amything but this. However, I started taking 36 ml. Of Concerta in addition to Lexapro and I was amazed. The fog lifted and I felt mental alertness without any hyperness. Today, I am enjoying life again! My guess with the Concerta is that is increases Dopamine levels in the brain. Lexapro works on Serotonin levels. With the two together, I feel better than ever!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #11
(female)

jogee322 HB User

Hi wordgirl107
I wanted to thank you for your post, even though I didn't start the thread. I've been feeling like I'm in a fog and I did not know about Concert a. I will keep that in mind. Ty again :-)
Jogee322

Old 05-29-2012, 04:30 AM   #12
(female)

SickofAnxiety HB User

Hi,
Thanks all for posting. It means a lot that people actually seem to care!
I did see a dr last week and she put me on celexa and klonopin. I feel a little bit calmer but i know it takes time to work into your system. I still feel down tho :/ Its hard not to feel this way when day after day people just ignore me like Im not there. I try and reach out but just get ignored. People who say they are my "friends" and will always be here for me just arent. Whats a person to do? I need people to chat with but cant seem to find or keep them. Dont know why. Im not a trouble maker. Im just a boring housewife that loves her family. Seems like these people only come around when they need me and IF Im not around they think what is wrong and why arent I there at that very moment!? Some days I can deal with it but other days (like today) its really bringing me down. I had a BFF but lately shes kinda pushed me away and I see she made new BFF. Just makes me sad Amazing that I have to feel like this in my 30s!

Old 05-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
(female)

wordgirl07 HB User

You are not alone and there are many people who care. First, I am so glad you saw a doctor and are trying medication. Remember, Celexa is an SSRI that can take a few weeks to really kick in, but can be extremely effective, so do not get discouraged. Also, I don't know your friends, but all of us suffer rejection in our lives. It is always painful. However, it is important that you keep your thoughts about yourself positive. Therapists refer to this as our self-talk. For example, if your friend ignores you, instead of thinking bad thoughts about yourself, try thinking that maybe she just has a lot on her plate now. Negative thinking can actually change the chemistry in our brains, so stay positive. Look for alnernatives to your current friends, such as support groups, book clubs, Bible Study groups, etc. You will be pleasantly surprised by all the new friends you could be making through this. Last of all...have faith...faith in God, faith in your doctor, faith in others and faith in yourself!

Old 05-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
(male)

SadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB UserSadComputerGuy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickofAnxiety View Post
I suffer from anxiety and depression. Some days it "good" and others not so good

Im always feeling alone,thats because I pretty much am. I have a husband and child whom I love more than anything but sometimes I wish I had other people to talk with. I try and reach out to people just to be pushed away. It gets old! I thought I had some "friends" just to find out when I need them they could care less. What is a person to do??? I suffer from anxiety so that holds me back and the depression makes everything worse! When Im feeling hurt or down people just dont want to hear it. When things are going bad and people are starting with me my so called friends back off and just let me be "attacked" and hurt and say NOTHING! People only seem to care when THEY need me for something! I like to be nice and help others but when will it be my turn for someone to care about me?
I completely understand how you feel. I have found quite a few of those "friends" who love to tell you all about their lives and their problems, and you listen and offer your advise and the next day you listen more. But when you go to call them about an issue you are having, they seem to always be busy. I have lost so many friends over the years due to me being a bad friend. I have been depressed and fighting substance abuse for so long and I have been very wrapped up in my own problems. I have a few friends from back in high school that I can always call up, but those are very very rare. The best advise I have heard is that if you want true friends, be a friend. Help other people, even if they don't help you back. I have to agree with the other poster about God. I know people start rolling their eyes and loose focus whenever God is mentioned, but I find church to be incredibly inspiring and uplifting. Good luck to you

Old 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
(female)

wordgirl07 HB User

I completely agree with Computerguy about God and church. If we allow God in our lives, we will never be alone. We all.need to feel loved and secure and knowing God gives you a great sense of security and love. Joining a small group at church can be extremely fulfilling.

Closed Thread