It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

jogee322 HB User
Uncontollable Urge To Cry!

I am posting b/c I feel like I have no one to talk to and even if I could talk to someone about this they would not understand. I just feel like crying...out of the blue..for no reason. What is this all about?????? And then there have been some touching or slightly sad events where I sob. I don't feel depressed, I don't feel sad about anything. So, why is this happening?
I am currenty taking 250 mg of Lamictal as a mood stabilizer. I had to stop taking Pristiq about 6 weeks ago b/c of high blood pressure side effects. That was the worst experience in my life. I've been on just about every antidepressant out there. Anyone have a clue?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User
Re: Uncontollable Urge To Cry!

I'm so sorry that you are feeling how you are. Could it be withdrawal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
(female)

jogee322 HB User

Thank you for replying. I guess maybe it is withdrawls but I thought after 6 weeks this would be done. I see my therapist and nurse pract. this week so I am hoping for answers....and no more drugs. Ugh!

Old 05-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Will I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB UserWill I Be Happy HB User

I've been on different meds myself. I made a lot of progress in therapy and went off them a few years ago. I have a mild Rx for Xanax if needed. Sometimes I think I need them again but try to handle without. I think most meds take 4-6 weeks to get in system. They may take just as long to leave. I hope your therapist helps.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
(female)

xquid HB User

I had that same problem, and it's awful--I feel for you! Have you tried keeping a journal with times and dates? After awhile I realized that my worst episodes had a cycle to them; when I discussed this with my nurse/practitioner we both realized that it was related to perimenopause, which can go for years and years before actual menopause.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
(female)

beachlove12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Be Happy View Post
I've been on different meds myself. I made a lot of progress in therapy and went off them a few years ago. I have a mild Rx for Xanax if needed. Sometimes I think I need them again but try to handle without. I think most meds take 4-6 weeks to get in system. They may take just as long to leave. I hope your therapist helps.
@Will I Be Happy, just wondering how your progress went in therapy? I have been in therapy for approx. 2.5 months and been on medication for seven months and am yet to see any improvement from the therapy. It is the medication that is letting me see through each day
Thanks!

Closed Thread