It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Pristiq, Effexor, Prozac, or Virvird??????

Hi all again.

I will not stop looking for a right AD til I find one right for me. Severe Anxity, Depression due to mom's failing health and I can' t deal with it, and need your advise on these AD's.

I KNOW everyone is different, but I have struggled to keep my weight down and need a antidepresst that is weight NETURAL. I am currently on Celexa and it is doing noting at all for my depression. Oh I also have PMS, PMDD and think I am permi. Haveing blood work done soon to see what is going on if it is something else like my throyoid, or something else. I am also anemic.

I exercise, but since feeling more blue, not as much, drink gallons of water a day, eat a health diet and TRY TO BE A POSITIVE PERSON. But inside I am very, very insecure about myself.((((((((

Please, I am going to my docotor in a a week and want to do my research. I hate pills, but know I need them, and yes, depression deos run in my family. My mother has dementia and it is one h@ll of a roll coaster ride. I think that bothers me alot along with the insecure part.

Please, can you help me? What one has been a good one for you? And the weight part.......I just want to be me again.......if that is possible. I Have to be strong for my mom, and doing a terrible job at it...........for the depression is getting to me so bad. Please all, help...........God Bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Pristiq, Effexor, Prozac, or Virvird??????

Hello himmylover.

I think in previous posts I've already told you my experiences with Celexa, Effexor and Zoloft.

Have you asked your doctor about any possible supplement you could take alongside an anti-depressant to minimize the risk of weight gain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

Hi and thank you.................

No, what might this be???????????????????????

Old 05-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
No, what might this be???????????????????????
I don't know but it might be worth it to see if your doctor knows about something that could be helpful for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
himmylover (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I guess I could ask?

Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #6
(female)

andreah34 HB User

Hello. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I know it must be hard. I am on pristiq 50 mg, amityrptiline 25 mg and seasonale birth control. This pill is designed to give u 4 periods a year. This is my first month trying the seasonale. I've been on the antdepressants for alot longer. The seasonale has helped me the most so far. I'm supposed to be having my period, but no period and no pmdd. Not sure how it will be during the placebo week of the 3rd month. I was very nervous taking the pill because previous experiences caused me to have strong nausea. If you need to talk ever e-mail me. It's good to help out one another. This disorder is very hard to deal with. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms with it.

The following user gives a hug of support to andreah34:
himmylover (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank YOU!!!!! I so much needed this. How r you doing weight wise? That is so much my concern, for I have tried so very hard to lose,,,,,,,,,,that is why I think and hope Efffexor will work. Still waiting to hear from my Dr..

U are a blessig and I will turn to you and others for I am having such a issue with my mom! Just blows me away, a beautiful woman that one day.............won't remeber me.......that itself KILLS me!

Thank you.........hugs.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #8
(female)

andreah34 HB User

You have to try till you find what works for you best. For myself I lost a lot of weight due to stress and not eating because of nausea. So putting on a little weight is good for me. Seasonale has given me a better appetite and I did put some weight on. Everyone reacts differently though. Good luck with the Effexor. Let me know how it goes.

The Following User Says Thank You to andreah34 For This Useful Post:
himmylover (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Stay away from Effexor. One of my doctors stopped prescribing it to people because of the weight gain.

Last edited by SOE; 06-07-2012 at 04:15 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to SOE For This Useful Post:
himmylover (06-08-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #10
(female)

beachlove12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOE View Post
Stay away from Effexor. One of my doctors stopped prescribing it to people because of the weight gain.
Hi SOE! I've been on Effexor for seven months and I haven't experienced any issues with weight gain! So I guess it really depends on each person!

The Following User Says Thank You to beachlove12 For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-04-2012)
Closed Thread