It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

flutterby1982 HB User
Wellbutrin and Celexa... Anyone?

Hello! I am brand new to this site (mainly signed up because every time I googled something I wanted an answer to, this site popped up lol). I am a 30 yr old female, living in Texas. Nice to meet you all!

Ok,

Today I saw the Pdoc... he added Wellbutrin XL 150mg to my Celexa 40mg (which I have been on for 5 years) for my MDD, panic disorder, and agoraphopia. All which make me VERY fatigued. So, I suggested I try it to him. Its supposed to give a nice energy. Is anyone else taking these meds? How do they work for you. Any stories would be GREAT!! I am going to increase the dose 300mg if the 150mg does not work. Has anyone has success with the 150 dose along with an ssri or snri? My only fear is that my anxiety will be elevated. Which stinks. I am also a smoker, and I have heard this helps with that too.

Thank you in advance!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Wellbutrin and Celexa... Anyone?

Hello flutterby1982.

I've used Wellbutrin with two different meds, one time with Effexor and now I'm taking it alongside Zoloft. When I was on Effexor I took Wellbutrin to counter the sexual side-effects from Effexor. It worked but I ended up discontinuing Effexor because of other side-effects. I'm using Wellbutrin now at 150mg to counter the tiredness I've experienced with Zoloft and it has been working.

I'm not a smoker so I don't know how effective Wellbutrin is in that regard, but I have also heard the med is helpful for smokers with quitting.

As far as Wellbutrin raising anxiety levels I'm not sure about that as I'm also taking Buspar. I don't think I had any problems with Wellbutrin causing anxiety when I was taking Effexor.

I've tried Celexa for a few weeks but gave up on it because it made me very tired for most of the day. Maybe the Celexa is a contributor to your fatigue?

Last edited by flamesabers; 06-12-2012 at 10:40 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
flutterby1982 (06-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
(female)

flutterby1982 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello flutterby1982.

I've used Wellbutrin with two different meds, one time with Effexor and now I'm taking it alongside Zoloft. When I was on Effexor I took Wellbutrin to counter the sexual side-effects from Effexor. It worked but I ended up discontinuing Effexor because of other side-effects. I'm using Wellbutrin now at 150mg to counter the tiredness I've experienced with Zoloft and it has been working.

I'm not a smoker so I don't know how effective Wellbutrin is in that regard, but I have also heard the med is helpful for smokers with quitting.

As far as Wellbutrin raising anxiety levels I'm not sure about that as I'm also taking Buspar. I don't think I had any problems with Wellbutrin causing anxiety when I was taking Effexor.

I've tried Celexa for a few weeks but gave up on it because it made me very tired for most of the day. Maybe the Celexa is a contributor to your fatigue?
I think you may be right about celexa attributing to the fatigue. Everything else I take is so neutral (excluding the xanax at night). I cannot believe I am just now thinking of this. I brought it up to him yesterday that celexa may be the culprit. I find myself frinking caffiene all day just to stay awake. So I am HOPING that the Wellbutrin will counteract that side effect. Thank you SO much for your reply

Old 06-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Something I noticed when taking the Celexa was the tiredness came about around two hours after taking it. I was only on 20mg and my doctor said it wasn't that high of a dose. I'm not sure how I would do if I was taking 40mg of Celexa.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
flutterby1982 (06-13-2012)
Closed Thread