HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Depression (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/)
-   -   Does anyone have any positive things to say about? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/905119-does-anyone-have-any-positive-things-say-about.html)

himmylover 06-15-2012 07:54 AM

Does anyone have any positive things to say about?

Effexor XR? I was just prescribe this and starting a new job and nervious about the side effects.............I know don't read into them. I have just worked way to hard to loose weight, and I have read allot of peple on here and others have gain......

That alone would depress me more? Any feed back would be great.........really.......

Thank you..........Oh, I am to start out on 75 mgs, and don't tolerate medicatios too goo. I am also having lots of blood work done to make sure nothing is off kilter, I am 45 now, so could be permi, too.

Very high anxiety and depression..........

Thanks all.....
D

himmylover 06-15-2012 09:27 AM

Re: Does anyone have any positive things to say about?

Nobody really? Must be a bad medication
.............:(

flutterby1982 06-15-2012 10:19 AM

I remember being on that about 8 years ago. I did gain SOME weight.. but it really did not help ME. Everyone is different. Try it for a month, and if you see that it is not working, or has undesirable side effects, ask to switch while the switching is still good lol!! Now, I take celexa (Citalipram) and Wellbutrin XL together. Wellbutrin has been known to cause weight loss. Although I cannot comment on that yet since it has only been 1 week. However, the celexa has been about 5 years. I USED to weigh in at 330# and now, I am 156#. So I have LOST weight. Whereas some people reported weight GAIN on celexa. Thats why you just have to try different things until you find the right cocktail. Some people gain weight because they are no longer depressed and feel good enough to eat again. Others ate too much when they were depressed, so now they have cut back because they are not relying on it for comfort. Just stick to a healthy diet, and only weigh yourself once a week. Not everyday, because you can fluctuate due to fluids, pms, etc...

himmylover 06-15-2012 01:46 PM

WELL said............thank you........so much..........the Celexa was not working anymore for me.........:(

Will I Be Happy 06-16-2012 05:16 AM

I took Effexor years ago. I'm sorry but I didn't like it at all. I gave it a try but it made me feel worse, much worse. Cymbalta helped me tremendously. Some headaches and dry mouth, but it worked for me. As previously said, different drugs work differently in people.

himmylover 06-16-2012 05:24 AM

How long were you on it if I may ask? What systems did you have? I know it makes you sick to your stomach, but only been on it two days..........@ 75mgs. Time released.

Thank you..........

Will I Be Happy 06-16-2012 07:40 AM

I wasn't on it long at all. I couldn't take the side effects. Made my heart race. Crying spells. Dizzy. Very anxious. I felt worse on it. Yet two of my friends did well on it.

himmylover 06-16-2012 12:56 PM

Did they gain any weight? I am so afraid of this. On celexa I did not, but it has given out on me:(

beachlove12 07-05-2012 12:23 AM

I've been on effexor XR since January and I've had no side effects other than night-sweats and nightmares (but taking Serequel has made these nightmares disappear). For me, there has been no weight changes either.

himmylover 07-05-2012 05:23 AM

Thank you.......

Rdbomb94 07-05-2012 10:44 AM

Hi-I am on Effexor er 300mg. I haven't had any of the side affects other people have had to deal with. In fact I've lost weight since being on it. I know ALOT of people don't like it,but for me it pulled me out of the dark hole I had buried myself in. Now I will be honest,I'm not totally complete. My dr is thinking of adding adderall to my cocktail,however he is worried about the affects it may have on my anxiety. I hope this helps~ Christina

himmylover 07-05-2012 11:11 AM

I just want my anxiety gone..........and the depression too, just too much on my place right now.............over wheling............especially having to deal with my mom, the love of my life..........whom will one day probably not even know me..........that will kill me.........

Dementia, what a horrible illness.

Will I Be Happy 07-05-2012 05:18 PM

Isn't it amazing and crazy how differently these drugs effect each person? It makes it so much harder. As far as your mom, my best to you. My parents and brother are my life. I have terrible anxiety looking ahead, just fearing what may happen. I'm sending hugs and best wishes your way!!!!

himmylover 07-06-2012 05:11 AM

Thank you, that means so much to me, My mom is my life and I fear.........and I was a daddy's girl and lost him suddenly........so their is som PTSD in there too........ I think I am going to quite playing the PD game and see about talking to a counslor........I just can't hold suff in but know it is part of life and seen it and just losing a FIL in Nov, and a MIL whom is still alive but has COPD with a oxygen machine, and on, and on........just makes me ill..........but I know that God and my dad are looking down on me and putting their arms around me.

Thank you. I will find the right medication.......just hope .................soon!

Hugs to all..........

jeni777 07-15-2012 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=himmylover;4999662]Effexor XR? I was just prescribe this and starting a new job and nervious about the side effects.............I know don't read into them. I have just worked way to hard to loose weight, and I have read allot of peple on here and others have gain......

That alone would depress me more? Any feed back would be great.........really.......

Thank you..........Oh, I am to start out on 75 mgs, and don't tolerate medicatios too goo. I am also having lots of blood work done to make sure nothing is off kilter, I am 45 now, so could be permi, too.

Very high anxiety and depression..........

Thanks all.....
D[/QUOTE]
I have been on it for two years, It has helped a lot. Yesterday I forgot my pill and today I feel like I am dying. I am getting brain zaps, I slept 12 hours, I cannot focus I started crying for no reason. It is the worst feeling I have had in a long time. So do I like effexor yes do I like what happens when I forget one NO. Thank God I had today off from work I cannot even drive today. Starting off on 75mg seems kinda high I started on 37.5