It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #16
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User
Re: I can not TAKE IT ANYMORE, and don't know where to turn?! Getting Really Embarra

Hi yes I'm actually on Effexor er which is supposed to help both depression and anxiety. The adderall had not messed with my anxiety so far (I understand that can be a risk) but I hear the key is to to build up. My Dr. had mentioned it and I found other people on this board also did it and felt very comfortable trying it. My depression was a bit more severe and I thought if I got control of one maybe the other would fall in line. I'm one of those people Effexor works for just not 100%.My Dr also gave me Atarax which is supposed to be non-addicting to also help with daily anxiety and to use the Klonopin for major...I hope this helps-Christina : )

The following user gives a hug of support to Rdbomb94:
himmylover (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: I can not TAKE IT ANYMORE, and don't know where to turn?! Getting Really Embarra

U have been a great help. My dr. did express for it was WEIGHT NETURAL, are you seeing any weight gain/lose on Effexor and it is working with Adderall? Wow, Just neeed to get all my ducks in line, I am waiting to see what my insurnce covers as far as a counslor, Psyc, or what ever else might be available.

I just go through this alone anymore.

God Bless Queen, In my eyes you are.

Hugs.
D

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
Rdbomb94 (07-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to himmylover For This Useful Post:
Rdbomb94 (07-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2012, 11:09 AM   #18
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User

Hi-I've lost some weight on the Effexor,but the main thing to me is I have not GAINED. It does seem to keep my appetite under control too,which helps a great deal. I don't think anyone really gets depression unless they have it. They try to and that makes it even worse.My husband didn't understand why I couldn't get out of bed but he did have enough sense to say "she needs help". I am lucky in the sense he took the take me "as I am" part of our vows to heart,because I have alot of broken pieces. Look I've rambled on enough,I do hope anyone who feels the need to ever talk reaches out. I need to take me own advice,maybe this weekend i'll post what's been bothering me-Christina

The following user gives a hug of support to Rdbomb94:
himmylover (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

OMG, that is so funny, the theme to my wedding was by : Bryan Adams, EVERYTHING I DO, I DO IT FOR YOU. I am scheduled to see a therapist, and hope they get get me lined up..........I am lucky to have a husband that does understand, with my mom's dementia, stress and Panic is way out their, and the depression so much comes with it.........

Pls. do write me if you can, we can work things out together.......

Hugs to you.........and "Thank YOU"!

Closed Thread