It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face I can not TAKE IT ANYMORE, and don't know where to turn?! Getting Really Embarrassed

Hi All,

Allot of you know me from previous threads, I feel like I just can't take it anymore. With my mothers dementia, and her not wanting to talk to me, my sister whom lives with her hides stuff about mom's health to me, but at least she is giving mom her medications.

I got mom set up with grocey shopping for I am now back to work full time, and worry about her constantly, but she is always putting me down and makes me feel so insecure. She was like that befor her diginosis.

My family is not one's that I can turn to and have been on many Antidepressats, Now Viibird. Was praying this was the one for me.......heard so many good things about it........but feel like it is doing the opposite. I have severe anxiety, depression is rock bottom, no motivation, and I eat well, try to exercise, etc.

Pls. I know I need medication, for I have fought depression for 20 soemthing years, and the only real medication that helped was Lexapro and it gave out over time. I am at the lowest mood I have ever been in, arguing with my husband over stupid stuff..........and afaid to talk to my docotor about this, for she has tried me on many, many antidepressants. I am stuck.

I worry constantly. And have blurred vision, and dizzy and don't know if it is the medication making me feel worse, two weeks @ 20mgs. of Viibird. I just want to ball. I am so hard on myself and can't get out of this rutt. NO, I am not thinking of ending it, just never felt so low in my life. Scard to say anything to my doctor but don't know if it is my med, and OMG, the anxiety had gone through the wall, were I am having panic attacks while driving, and have to pull over, and I CAN'T Do this, I have to work........I am also on Klonoplin, but only take when needed. Up to my max right now from all the stress in my life. I need your help..........I just can't take this anymore.

Called my doctors office and she is out til next Monday. I am thinking of slowlly cutting back off the Viibrid..........but only been two weeks........I just want to crawl in a ball and cry. I used to so positive about everything, but been having negative thoughts, and even pondering over my father passing that was 16 years ago, he was my buddy............my true friend, and now mom. I have a very stressful job, But so very thankful god had put me back in the workforce. I know I need to see a specalist, but OMG, just don't feel at ease with that..........what should I do.........? I am scard, sad, dizzy, and my anxiety is out of this world. I can't keep living like this. Where do I turn to? All I have is you all, I can't talk to my mother about this for she has her own health. I am misrable, not harmful to myself, but very sad, and nothing seems to make me happy............even shopping, YEP, the thing I love the best..............please.........anyone. ........

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: himmylover
Rabbit slippers (07-08-2012), Will I Be Happy (07-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Re: I can not TAKE IT ANYMORE, and don't know where to turn?! Getting Really Embarra

I just don't know what medication to try anymore, or what? I have a low tolerance to meds, and would NEVER ABUSE ANY..........basically hate them, but know I am weak and will need always need them............

Old 07-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: I can not TAKE IT ANYMORE, and don't know where to turn?! Getting Really Embarra

You are sure having it tough. Please don't put yourself down for needing to be on medication, you have an illness. Is there a mental health line you can call (like the Samaritans)? You do need someone to talk to when you get this upset. I hope it soon passes - it will, nothing stays the same. Sera

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-04-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you!

I am going to talk to my dr. about seeing a specalist or referrering me to one. I can accept all this at one time..........just too much, and think the medication might be part of it.

God Bless for a respone........

Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Hello himmylover.

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling miserable.

Have you tried alternative treatments like ECT or vagus nerve stimulation since medication hasn't been working for you?

Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am sorry, I don't know what you mean?

Bless you so much..........It is just so hard for me most part seeing a beautiful mother ..........well, with the disease.........very hard to swollow.............trying to prepare my self...........but just don't have the power...............

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
Phoenix (07-04-2012)
Old 07-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
I was referring to other methods used to treatment depression when anti-depressants aren't successful. I'm sure your doctor could explain these methods better than I could.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post

Bless you so much..........It is just so hard for me most part seeing a beautiful mother ..........well, with the disease.........very hard to swollow.............trying to prepare my self...........but just don't have the power...............
Himmylover

When things get to the point that you feel too overwhelmed,take a deep breath,walk around the block,play your favorite song but above all else,try not to let things get the better of you.
Some of these work or at least use to work for me in the past.
Keep posting and stay strong.

Serious Respect
Phoenix

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
himmylover (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you very much.

I am off today and tomorrow, and going to wiat for dr's office to call me, and see about Lexarpo. I had success in the past then it gave out on me, but seem the only one I could tolerate..........don't tolerate meds very well.

I am going to get out today befor it hits 100 plus here and then exercise on the treadmill.......going to make myself..........I have too.

I so thank you all for being here, I love helping people and so glad their are people here to help me when I need it so......

God Bless to all.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
(male)

rsingram HB User

Quite possible that you need some kind of addition to the new med. I used to take Klonopin with my Cymbalta and getting off of a benzo (Klonopin) and started with Seroquel was the best thing in the world. Benzo's are so often the first thing a Doc will go to for anxiety but they are EVIL. Don't just stop the Klonopin on your own though. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!!! you have to be tapered off by the Doc or risk serious side effects namely seizure then death. Hope this helps

Old 07-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #11
(female)

Rabbit slippers HB User

What worked for me, was seeing a homeopathic doctor. One of our big hospitals had a homeopathic unit. They look at person as a whole and go from there. Maybe it was the feeling of trust or the natural medicines but sure helped a lot when I had a lot going on health and family wise. I hope this option is open to you. Take care that the doctor you choose is properly medically qualified as over here, anyone can do homeopathy without qualifications.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rabbit slippers For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-08-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Can this kind of dr. precribe medicications, IF needed? I think the Viibrid is very evil, it has really messed up my system up, but will take it one day at a time. Definately looking for a dr. then has a background in mental, anxiety, depression, and yes the dreaded Panic Attacks.

Hugs to all.........

Old 07-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #13
(female)

Rabbit slippers HB User

My doctor worked in our National Health Service and in private practice. Could issue prescriptions but only within homeopathic guidelines.

Perhaps your own doctor or local hospital could put you in touch with someone. Be aware that not all 'normal' doctors agree with alternative medicine and some will positively argue against it. Please don't let it put you off but be aware there are many charlatans out there pretending to be qualified homeopaths. Check out certificates claimed and/or posh initials after their name with the relevant institution or issuing exam board. Don't take on face value. Ok?

Take care. BTW You've already shown some spirit by coming on here and sharing.

The following user gives a hug of support to Rabbit slippers:
himmylover (07-08-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #14
(female)

Rdbomb94 HB UserRdbomb94 HB User

Hi-I suffer from severe depression and it's evil twin anxiety as well. I saw my Dr. about a week ago and he added a very low dose of Adderall to what I already take. I also take Klonopin for anxiety. He told me this might affect my anxiety,but so far I have been ok. I actually want to get out of bed,before I had to get out of bed and I waited until the last possible minute. Just a thought,maybe it's something you could think about. For now please keep your head up and try to think happy thoughts-Christina

Old 07-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

God Love ya,

I am going to see if a new dr. will give this out. My old dr. said it would add to my anxiety??????? Are you taking a Antideprssant?

They want me to try Lexapro.........I hate meds....

Closed Thread