It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Red face I am going to my first therapist today........and scard.

But want to get help for my depression, anxiety, and panic. I constantly worry, my husbands calls me a worry wort.

Please any assurance here, and your experience. It is a lady, and I am a lady........so I hope she is good.

I need on something fast, been on many AD's but just don't know what to do anymore. I have gotten to the lowest part of my life, and want to live it to the fullest. I have a very loving husband but this is hurting us.........and it is NOT fair to him, I can't deal with stress, my mothers illness (Dementia) And a handicapped brother whom one day will have to put into a group home.

Oh yes, and the stressful job, I just need to get a grip on things, and would love your advise before I go..........the only AD that seems to work OK was Lexapro, but did not like the weight.............not allot, but I am small framed and worked very, very hard to keep it this way, and after 40-I am 45 it is HARD TO do.

Please anyone........?

Thank you for listening and helping me, many of you have been so good to me. And I love you for that.

The following user gives a hug of support to himmylover:
Phoenix (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I am going to my first therapist today........and scard.

Hello himmylover,

You'll do just fine.Just take a few deep breaths in and out and remember that you're there to be helped.Go in knowing that she has your best interest at heart and most of all,try to be optimistic.
You can even go as far and explain that you're nervous or anxious to break the ice,so to speak.

Hopefully the two of you will be a compatible fit.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-16-2012 at 08:13 AM. Reason: changed punctuation mark from comma to a period

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User

That is OK, I needed that.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
That is OK, I needed that.
Himmylover

I've been treated by both male and female therapists.
In my personal experience,I always seemed to be better understood by the female therapists.
Of course,this is my personal experience.
I don't know if it's because I have a sensitive side that they can relate to.
Female therapists have always made me feel more comfortable.
Freud would probably have had a field day with me

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 07-16-2012 at 09:32 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is funny.............I am going to be strong......I was on Lexapro like I said, and it worked great, but gave out..............thinking about trying it again......... it has been over a year, just don't want somehting to cause weight, lost a tiny, tiny, bit and thanks to exercise and gallons of water...............want to stay that way.........

Any suggestions?

Wellburtin after five days mad me meaner then a alley cat.......LOL.........

Old 07-16-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

himmylover

Lexapro sounds like a good idea;run it past your prescribing physician and see what he/she thinks.
You want, need and deserve a better quality of living;see to it that you get it.
Remember that slow but steady wins the race,when you're considering longevity.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 07-16-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
(male)

Onclou9 HB UserOnclou9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by himmylover View Post
That is funny.............I am going to be strong......I was on Lexapro like I said, and it worked great, but gave out..............thinking about trying it again......... it has been over a year, just don't want somehting to cause weight, lost a tiny, tiny, bit and thanks to exercise and gallons of water...............want to stay that way.........

Any suggestions?

Wellburtin after five days mad me meaner then a alley cat.......LOL.........
Everyone is different and react differently to meds.

I took Paxil first and it made me gain weight like crazy, I craved carbs like chips and fattening foods....but they were oh so good.

I am now on Prozac and it seems to really turn my cravings around. I still get hungry but it seems like I feel full quicker and I have maintained my weight at the depression loss levels.

OC9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onclou9 For This Useful Post:
himmylover (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I might ask for this Prozac. I have heard people maintain their weight on it.......

Thank you all so very kindly.

I need this...........

Closed Thread