It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

dogcito HB Userdogcito HB User
Question Marriage hell

I am depressed because i have married the wrong person. i want to divorce in a reasonable way but he wants a pay out.(He's an immigrant from 3rd world country)
I know money is not the most important thing in life but I have no job, no family and no friends and I am not living in the UK . I'd like to point out that I have paid for nearly everything in the last 8 years. He's not really worked. £10000 has been accumulated in my name in debt in trying to make this marriage work.

The problem when I get advice. It seems I could end up on my own but a lot poorer.also the longer you stay the larger pay out. it also complicated by divorce laws in different countries..

I feel like just disappearing really one day but he's around the house a lot.I 've developed a bit of a drink problem. None of the options feel better. Then I blame myself for being so stuped to get myself in this situation in the 1st place.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Marriage hell

Disappearing does sound like an option. Are you British? Can you scrape up an airfare to get back there, and go on the job search? It doesn't sound as if you are really safe where you are. What if you cannot pay him off? Would you be stuck, or could he just dump you with nothing? Stop the drinking and start to save money for your escape. Keep your wits about you, and look after yourself. I hope things work out for you. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #3
(female)

dogcito HB Userdogcito HB User
Re: Marriage hell

Hi
Thanks. I have to hang in there until I can get some money to get proper advice and get out. Everything costs money. I find dealing with my resentment really hard. Of course it 's a common scenario with immigrants - not their fault but their options are much less than yours if your western. We are used to usually having a partner with some prospects at least.
I am going to try to get some scrape up enough money for an escape & proper legal advice. Problem is the relationship is killing me mentally.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-10-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Closed Thread