It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

amberx0 HB User
ADVICE? please help :S im only 17

theres so much things going on in my life right now. and im not even 18 yet. its like a big vicous circle of unfortunate events.
it all started when i was 14. i started drinking
my life spiraled down from there, it began when i went to a party at a local park and i madeout with a boy. a week after that my whole mouth got like ruined, around it it started getting all chapped like really bad, those worst chapped lips/ around my mouth ever. its was like it was infected or something. not like nomal dry/chapped lips, i went to my doctor and he gave me cream and it went away after a week or so. ever since then i have had constant dry lips and theyre a bit redder then then used to be. ive been dealing with this for 3 years, i just put cover up on my lips. so thats just 1 thing, then when i was 16 i got chlaymidia, a little embarrsing, but its easy to get rid of.

then it got worse, i got drunk and went to a friends house and i walked back and i dont remeber walking back and the worst thing ever came to my mind that i had sex with some random guy and didnt remember. so i went and got tested for everything and especially thought i had hiv, i got all the symptoms and i got tested after that and it was negative and my doctor said all the symtpoms were from anxiety.. even thou after the test is when i started getting most of the symptoms.

so ive calmed down about that situation and now i have anxiety that i never had before, like if i drink and cuddle with a friend and remeber going to bed, ill automatically wake up and think what if i had sex and dont remeber, all over again. so i basically have anxiety all the time over that, and then theres stress involved. I also have trichotillmania a hair pulling disease, where i pull out my eyelashes to the point where i have a big bald spot so i dont feel like going out with my friends a lot anymore--

i dont have a lot of cute clothes anymore, or a phone anymore becuase im broke and all that being said, im very depressed. im 17, my parents bug me every day about getting a job which would probly help a little bit but then i go back to thinking well, how am i gonna get hired with no eyelashes (its pretty noticable, especially cause i usually wear mascara all the time)

and well what if i do have hiv, i have no clue what i wanna be when im older so i have to juggle that between getting a job and everything else.
so that just leaves me basically sitting in my room crying by myself all day in a huge depressing spiral i shouldent be in .

i know people say it only gets better but im so unsure about my future at this point.
sorry about this being so long, i just need some advice or something ? i shouldent be this sad
and i havent even mentioned my family issues....
please dont say anything about drinking because thats an issue im currently dealing with, i havent drank really recently

Last edited by Administrator; 08-08-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
(female)

1308 HB User
Re: ADVICE? please help :S im only 17

Hey there

I went through depression and the only thing that helped me was one of my friends. She was the only one i had.

I started to smoke .. that was the only thing that i could take it out on. I was diagnosed with herpies type 1 yesterday so im tryna deal with it right now but finding it hard.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-11-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #3
(female)

Eirwen HB User

Hi

Instead of going through loads of things in your head, which would make anyone a little crazy, take just one thing and try and turn it into a postive, say you are worry,ing about your appearence, a lot of colleges have hair and beauty courses, and they like their students to try their skills on the public, usually 3rd year students, at a subsidised cost, all the other issues you should place mentally in a box and put that box away, then
when you have worked one issue out, you then go back and start on another issue, if you find you cant find an answer, move on. Try and achieve something positive each day, i.e make a meal for your family, simple things like go and feed the ducks, things can only get better.
Eirwen

Old 08-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
(female)

Eirwen HB User
Talking Re: ADVICE? please help :S im only 17

Hi

Instead of going through loads of things in your head, which would make anyone a little crazy, take just one thing and try and turn it into a postive, say you are worry,ing about your appearence, a lot of colleges have hair and beauty courses, and they like their students to try their skills on the public, usually 3rd year students, at a subsidised cost, all the other issues you should place mentally in a box and put that box away, then
when you have worked one issue out, you then go back and start on another issue, if you find you cant find an answer, move on. Try and achieve something positive each day, i.e make a meal for your family, simple things like go and feed the ducks, things can only get better.
Eirwen

Old 08-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberx0 View Post
theres so much things going on in my life right now. and im not even 18 yet. its like a big vicous circle of unfortunate events.

i know people say it only gets better but im so unsure about my future at this point.
sorry about this being so long, i just need some advice or something ? i shouldent be this sad
and i havent even mentioned my family issues....
please dont say anything about drinking because thats an issue im currently dealing with, i havent drank really recently
Hello amberx0

Please consider seeing a therapist.
There are several issues that raise concern here.

Life is going to become "interesting" enough when you become an adult.
Try to head it off at the pass;now.
Know that I won't talk about anything you don't want to mention.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 08-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
(female)

oilchick HB User

Hi there,

I personally know what you are going through. I am bipolar, not to the extent I need medication although some days I really do believe that I should be. I find for myself I need the sunlight. At least an hours worth when I am feeling that way and it happens to help me out at least a little bit.
I too suffer from trichotillmania. I have been pulling out my eyelashes and eyebrows since I was eleven or twelve... grade 6 anyways. I am now 22 and still haven't wrapped the habit. I did quit for about 6 months but then started up again. My bf hates that I do it but half the time I don't even know I'm doing that anymore.
I can say though patches are easy to cover up. you can get the false eyelashes that are only three/four lashes that you apply at a time. instead of the large band. (ppl notice the bands) but for some reason don't notice the smaller ones. try and apply them so that they cover the part that is missing (I cannot do this because I have no real eyelashes for them to attach to. Which that makes it incredibly difficult for them to stay on) great thing about them is that you can apply mascara to them as well it doesn't harm them. and you can use regular makeup remover to clean them off as well.. If you feel like the bands are noticeable along your natural lash line... apply liquid eyeliner. It's the easiest to apply when you have false lashes on.
You don't need to hide behind it. I don't wear makeup anymore and to tell you the truth. I think everyon notices that I don't have eyelashes or eyebrows but anyone I ask doesn't notice until I ask... then i get the comments or the looks. So really its not as huge of a deal as it is.
On the other hand if its the feeling of pulling hair that you like apply it to a different part of your body example: If you have a moustache and not wanting the hairs pull them... or nose hair or bikini line (if you pull hair when alone) or leg hair....
Don't let it ruin your life. It did for me and I wish I could have felt the way I do now about myself back through highschool.
Try to replace the habit with another habit. Keep thinking positive and believe me it does get better!!!

Hopefully my words help

oilchick

Old 08-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
(female)

oilchick HB User

Hi there,

I personally know what you are going through. I am bipolar, not to the extent I need medication although some days I really do believe that I should be. I find for myself I need the sunlight. At least an hours worth when I am feeling that way and it happens to help me out at least a little bit.
I too suffer from trichotillmania. I have been pulling out my eyelashes and eyebrows since I was eleven or twelve... grade 6 anyways. I am now 22 and still haven't wrapped the habit. I did quit for about 6 months but then started up again. My bf hates that I do it but half the time I don't even know I'm doing that anymore.
I can say though patches are easy to cover up. you can get the false eyelashes that are only three/four lashes that you apply at a time. instead of the large band. (ppl notice the bands) but for some reason don't notice the smaller ones. try and apply them so that they cover the part that is missing (I cannot do this because I have no real eyelashes for them to attach to. Which that makes it incredibly difficult for them to stay on) great thing about them is that you can apply mascara to them as well it doesn't harm them. and you can use regular makeup remover to clean them off as well.. If you feel like the bands are noticeable along your natural lash line... apply liquid eyeliner. It's the easiest to apply when you have false lashes on.
You don't need to hide behind it. I don't wear makeup anymore and to tell you the truth. I think everyon notices that I don't have eyelashes or eyebrows but anyone I ask doesn't notice until I ask... then i get the comments or the looks. So really its not as huge of a deal as it is.
On the other hand if its the feeling of pulling hair that you like apply it to a different part of your body example: If you have a moustache and not wanting the hairs pull them... or nose hair or bikini line (if you pull hair when alone) or leg hair....
Don't let it ruin your life. It did for me and I wish I could have felt the way I do now about myself back through highschool.
Try to replace the habit with another habit. Keep thinking positive and believe me it does get better!!!

Hopefully my words help

oilchick

Closed Thread