It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
(male)

Rico97 HB User
i dont know what to do?

okay, i dont know if this is the right place to post this is in but here goes anyway. I hate myself, i know i shouldnt be, but i only find reasons to hate myself... i know i sound like im brooding but i dont know what to do, all i try to do is help people, i dont ask for much, i really dont. ive been getting rejected by every girl i try to go for, love has never worked for me, ive never wanted sex and i will never want sex from a girl.

i have really low self-esteem and i know i can fix all of these if i go outside more and hang out with my friends but my parents wont let me go outside or do sports or anything. My dad really makes me hate myself, he always criticizes me and makes me feel like whatever i do is never enough, even if i do something good he never really notices even if i have to force him to. ive tried standing up for myself, but he always shouts at me and just makes me feel worthless after.

i dont know if i should blame my parents. and honestly ive convinced myself that i hate them, but i really dont...i dont hate anyone, but myself... im a teenager, i used to think that i felt like this because of puberty and hormones, but i just want to be happy..what should i do? im unable to my parents cuz my dad will just make feel like crap, and my mom agrees with him even if she knows hes wrong...there are so many things i could complain, but i dont want to complain...i dont most of the time, but ive had enough if this and i want to be happy..what can i do!? please help

Last edited by Administrator; 08-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: i dont know what to do?

Hello Rico97

Have you ever considered seeing a psychiatrist and/or taking medication?
I can relate to the self-esteem issue and your household doesn't help your matters any.
You need an outlet of positivity;to be associated with people who want more for themselves and/or that are simply progressing.
Your family seems to have their own issues of insecurity that is taken out on you.Since you can't change them,you must change your outlook on things.
Being in a negative environment does wonders for one thing;misery.
Write a list of pros and cons about your current situation and you'll begin to see the bigger picture.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Pacifier (08-29-2012)
Closed Thread