It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
(male)

adam1111 HB User
Me

HI my name is adam,im 38 married with 2 kids.at the age 26 my father commited suicide and ever since then my life has been a roller coaster.i have had a severe depression im curently unemployed and i have a deep sense of sadness that never leaves me i feel like crying and i feel that i am all alone.the past 12 years i have fought so bad to financially survive and to raise my kids but now im at a point were im tired sad and just simply dont know what to do anymore.the reason im telling you all of this is cause first i want to let it all out and second i need a few opinions on what i should do next .thanks

Old 09-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Me

Hi Adam, I'm so sorry to hear about your father. That has really got to be difficult to deal with. Have you spoken to anyone about this? Psych? That's what you need to do and get on some meds. A few yrs ago my mom got real sick and all I could do was cry (she got better but it took it out of me) and I got on meds and it REALLY helped. I also talked to a counselor for a while which also helped.

Don't be afraid to make that appt. Its ok. Its the first step in making yourself better and you've got to do this for you and your family. You will feel much better.

((((HUGS)))) Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Me

Hello Adam, and welcome to the HealthBoards. We are so happy that you have chosen to join us here, and let some of these feelings out. When you can vent your feelings it is so much better for you than trying to hold them inside. Although we are strangers, many of us have found great bonds with each other, who have shared similar circumstances with each other. There is always strength in numbers, and we are here to listen and to help.

It is understandable that living through a suicide, particularly of a parent, is very difficult. I can imagine all the thoughts that have gone through your head, both then and now.

Have you sought out and professional help? I would certainly encourage you to do so, as grief is something we have to go through to get to the other side, and allow ourselves to grow from our experience and live beyond it.
Many of us simply do not have the tools we need to do the work to get through all the emotions involved. We need to be able to identify and remove many of the mis-conceptions we hold onto, and replace them with the right thoughts and feelings about ourselves and the departed. This can take help from those trained to do so. It is a sign of strength.

Please feel free to post and let these feelings out. Everyone here is very empathic and is happy to lend an ear to you. There is much to be gained just from releasing all the thoughts that have filled your mind. I wish you the very best...

Closed Thread