It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
(male)

Thumper28 HB User
should I work?

I love the people I work with, but I was taken off for two weeks and my anxiety improved. My detpression is about the same, but I'm not focused enough to really work. I get to hearing voices, and they lead me to think my coworkers hate me. I've had four panic episodes sense I left, where I was having two a day atleast in one 7 hour shift, or more. I'm tired my physically I don't feel as bad. I have an issue of manic phases, were I go spend/steal from walmart. My enabler is a neighbor and even after asked not to take me will in my moment of weakness. The last time I went to the doc (2 weeks ago) she aid she may look at bipoloer. I'm also um 'gaining time' like two weeks will feel like a month. I'm just... wanting to know if anybody can explain these to me.

The following user gives a hug of support to Thumper28:
Phoenix (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: should I work?

Hello and welcome...

It sounds as if you need some medical attention to help you get to the bottom of this. The experiences you describe do seem to fit into the bipolar model, but a good diagnosis and treatment from a qualified doctor is what you should concentrate on first. Meanwhile it may be to your benefit to seek some medical leave to get the time you need to find out. No sense in losing your job due to medical reasons without need. You may need a period of disability to get yourself evened out.

Now the shoplifting you describe has got to stop. You need to protect yourself at all costs from legal trouble, as it will be costly to you and many ways. You must cut yourself off from your negative influence, as it is only a matter of time until you get caught. This type of behavior is common in the mania phase of bipolar disorder, and can lead to great harm.

Use every minute you have to get yourself some help. There are successful treatments available, but you will need to comply with the doctors to find just the right combination that is right for you. Get help before things get any worse, as help is out there, and you deserve the best life you can get.

In the meantime, do look into a medical leave, or temporary disability so you do not have to experience the worsening panic attacks, or the other disruptions at work. Do you have a friend or family member who understands what you are going through?

Please let us know how you are doing, we have lots of experience here in helping others.

The Following User Says Thank You to writeleft For This Useful Post:
tingles (10-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
(male)

Thumper28 HB User

I have another doc appointment on Thursday, so far I've not been to walmart today. But I've been shaking because of anxiety. I will try to all together stop stealing

Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
(female)

tuck HB User

Yeah, writeleft is right. You need some medical attention for this and Good Luck for your appointment with the Doctor.

Closed Thread