It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
(male)

felyasocal HB User
Fear and Loathing

Hi Everyone

I am not typically someone who would post here, but I am having a really hard time right now. I've always had depression and anxiety, but for the last 15 years (I am 35), I have been able to manage everything very successfully until now.

In the last 5 years I lost my grandfathers, my uncle, my dog and through all that, I was somehow able to keep going and was able to recover

Right now I am barely hanging on. I don't feel sorry for myself . I am not looking for someone to save me. I have the most wonderful wife in the world and I love her to death and she has been very supportive

The problem: I can't really discuss the details, but my parents are in big trouble. Their situation is very unjust. I am afraid of what might happen. They are wonderful, kind, and caring people. And I can't do a single thing to help them right now. They could use some optimism from me and some emotional support, but I am barely hanging on myself right now and I am not sure I can help them. Again, I am not able to discuss the details though everyone is healthy and alive, things are very bad and my ever shrinking family is falling apart. Everyone is trying to hold on to someone, to each other, but I feel like its the end of the freaking world for us, for me. My family is everything to me and without them, I am nothing.

I am not even sure what I am doing here, but I am having a really hard time accepting the reality and coping with what might happen. Going to my "session" tomorrow, but another 36 hours of this pain is too much. I am trying everything and anything possible to be a little more positive, but its not helping. This has been the worst 6 months of my life and I just don't see anything positive ahead

I would appreciate some rational suggestions

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Administrator; 10-08-2012 at 06:08 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to felyasocal:
Phoenix (10-13-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread