It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
(female)

hreneaw HB User
Help with lexapro please?

I was prescribed 20 mg of lexapro for depression/anxiety on September 28th. My doctor said to take it at night so I did, and I couldn't sleep at all. So I decided to start halfing it and taking 10 mg in the mornings, and had no side effects other than vivid dreams which didn't bother me, and an increased appetite. At my 2 week mark I went for a a check up with my doctor and she told me that I should really start taking the 20 mg at night and see what happens. I started doing that on the fifth and haven't had any side effects, however I'm still feeling anxious and depressed. I'm wondering if my tampering with the dosage can put off the effects of the lexapro, and if it is possible that it can take longer to start working? I need information please.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
(female)

hreneaw HB User
Re: Help with lexapro please?

I really have tried everything I can to make the depression and anxiety stop. I'm taking a b12 sublingual supplement every day as well, along with a calcium magnesium supplement, because I heard it can help. I'm so afraid of ruining my relationship with my boyfriend anymore because of my problem, and I just want it to stop so we can be happy with each other again. Does anyone have any advice at all of what I should do? I'm also worried about how to fix my relationship once my anxiety and depression subside (if they ever do). I just want to be my normal, happy, optimistic self again. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread