It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
(male)

kaia98 HB User
Depressed Confused lost

Hi this is the first time im posting on this forum Ive just been looking up stuff ive been going through a lot and i a still so young My mom and dad have recently separated i went with my mom and left my dad and we took my older brother with us he's an adult and hes been mean to us for a very long time that we left and i don't want to live with him because he makes me so depressed but my mom dosent want to leave him because he dosent have a good job and he would commit suicide if we left him but he just makes us so confused because the days that he is a real a**hole we tell him that we don't want to live with you the next minute he breaks down in tears to make us feel bad to were we cant kick him out its been getting so bad that me and my mom is thinking about going and living with my father again but that was a abusive situation and today he found out that my mom and dad went to counseling he totally triped out and gave my mom a big guilt trip and made her feel bad when i know the next day or even a week later he will be back to his old ways

I am sorry i am writing alot but i have so much on my mind that i need to let it out somewere because i know if i talk to my mom it stresses her out she says it dosent but i know it dose but recently ive been diagnose with type 1 diabetes so now my entire life has changed and that just makes me so depressed also the diabetes has taken a huge toll on my education i havent done so well in school for my entire highschool year and now its my senor year and the time i got diagnose with type 1 was the first week of school so i missed the first week and half the second week and after that i caught the flu so i missed another week and the times i went to school i was so depressed i didnt get any work done so the time i missed and the times i showed up and was to depressed to work i am 7 weeks behind in work and first quarter just ended today also i didnt even show up today because i was feeling dizzy and couldn't make it because my blood sugars was high so i am failing in school my family is messed up i got diagnose with type 1 the first week of school and i dont know if its a good idea to move back to my fathers

Im sorry for making this so long i hope i dont sound like some winey person

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
(male)

ianant HB User
Re: Depressed Confused lost

Don't worry. You needed to get that off your chest. You're carrying quite a heavy burden there. I hope things get better for you and your family.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
(female)

shlby HB User

This is the first time I've posted here but your questions really got my attention. Are things a little less hectic at your dad's house? Is your dad able to take care of you and were you happy when he was around? It sounds like your mom has a lot going on with your brother. Maybe you should talk to a school counselor about what might be best for you. Moving to your dad's or maybe the counselor could even arrange some help for you with your schoolwork so you won't be so far behind. I'm also a diabetic and I remember right after I was diagnosed and how it turned my world upside down. Stress and anxiety will also make your blood sugars erratic. For now, until you can talk to either a counselor or your dad, get plenty of rest. Follow your diet for your diabetes and try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done but it's for your own good. Think about what would make you happy and make your life better.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #4
(female)

statikkat17 HB User

my older sister is exactly the same way, and im in my senior year of high school too. its really hard dealing with it all the time, its like a ticking time bomb at my house and i dont know when it will go off and explode in my face.
definitely talk to your counselor at school and try to figure out a plan so you don't fall too behind in school.
also, taking care of your physical health helps take care of your mental health too. it seems like one of those situations where you have to go into survival mode, which means you're just trying to get enough sleep, enough to eat (especially since you have diabetes)... so basically whatever you can do to keep yourself alive and as sane as possible.
it's a very hard situation, but try your best!
good luck, and keep us updated? i hope you'll be okay

Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
(female)

elizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB Userelizabeth62 HB User

I know it's hard to work when you are depressed, but if you can manage to stay focussed on your education and your future, you will be much better off in time. You will be able to afford a place of your own and health insurance. Try not to dwell on what has already happened and maybe talk to your school about accommodating you in some way. Ask your parents to intervene? Get a doctor to write a letter?

Closed Thread