HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Depression (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/)
-   -   Viibryd (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/depression/922853-viibryd.html)

cuddles1 10-13-2012 05:41 AM

Viibryd

I was wanting to know if anyone had luck with 20 mg of viibryd ? I was on 40mg and it kept me awake at night. Please give me your input on this med.

LBoz 10-17-2012 08:25 AM

Re: Viibryd

Hi-
I am just starting Viibryd but have done a lot of reading and many people are finding 40 mg. is just too much for them and stay on 20mg. I even heard that the sample packs only go to 30mgs. now, not 40mg!
Hope you are feeling good today and moving forward....
Lesley

cuddles1 10-17-2012 01:07 PM

Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing on the viibryd. Do you know anyone on the 30mg of viibryd? If, so did they have problems with weight gain? The 40 mg I can't sleep at night.

LBoz 10-17-2012 01:48 PM

Everything I know I have learned from message boards and reviews. Will keep you posted on my journey. Am hanging tough because I've been on any number of medications which eventually pooped out and I need this to work!

cuddles1 10-19-2012 05:42 PM

LBOZ- I was checking in to see how you're doing on the viibryd. I hope things are going ok for you.

LBoz 10-20-2012 04:48 AM

I'm doing fair. 3rd day on 20mgs. Stomach issues are mostly resolved...
Have kind of a dazed feeling but am also feeling short periods of activation/energy. Hopeful:round:

How are you doing?

cuddles1 10-20-2012 05:02 AM

I"m feeling a little down. Do you know if they make a 30mg of viibryd?

LBoz 10-20-2012 02:35 PM

I looked a few places and can't tell if Viibryd comes in 30 mg tablets or not. I looked on the PDR site but don't see it listed.
The best thing might be to call your pharmacy and ask. People on some of the other forums say they are taking 30 mg.
Frustrated I can't find the info for you!

cuddles1 10-20-2012 05:52 PM

Thanks for the information. How are you feeling on the 20mg ? Where in Ct. do you live. I have a daughter that lives in Oak Dale, Ct.

LBoz 10-21-2012 04:15 AM

Yesterday wasn't good. Very achy and felt like a zombie.
Today I think I feel a bit better, but it may be too early to say. :yawn: Just forced down the meds...

I'm wondering if people are getting 30mg by taking one 10mg and one 20mg tablet-because I don't see 30 mg tablets anywhere...10, 20 and 40 are all that are listed, even on the Viibryd official website.

I live in Essex. Nice quiet town.

cuddles1 10-21-2012 05:55 AM

Last night I took one half of the 40mg and cut 20 in half. This made 30 mg. I know you're not supose to cut time releasesd tablets. But I slept real good. The 40mg I can't sleep . I really feel you have more energy on the 40mg than the 20mg. I'm going to try the 30 mg for a few nights. I work in retail, so I need my sleep. The holidays are real busy time at work. How far is that from Gronton, Ct. ?

I forgot to asked you do you take your med. at bedtime? That's when my doctor said, when to take it.

LBoz 10-22-2012 06:26 AM

I was taking it in the morning.
But after feeling really unwell yesterday, I took it last night and I think it's going to be better for me. Was really struggling with morning groggy feeling. And just not feeling alert...

Groton is about 30 minutes from me.

I also work in retail. It's difficult to put on a happy face when you are not feeling well!

cuddles1 10-22-2012 06:36 AM

I would take it at bedtime. That's when my doctor told me to take it. I slept good last night. I'm going to try the 30mg for a few days. Then I'll see if my doctor will give me a script for the 10mg. I hate spending on two different scripts. But I can't sleep on the 40mg. . My son-in-law is in the navy at Gronton. Oakdale is about 20min. from Groton. I work at a store called Carson's. It's a store like Macy's in the mall. What retail do you work for?
Let me know how you're doing on the viibryd. Like you I've been on several different meds. . So far this has been the best one for me.

LBoz 10-22-2012 02:24 PM

Felt better today than I have...I think taking it at night is helpful. I have problems sleeping so I have to be careful. And if I don't get my sleep I'm a basketcase.
I work in some little shops in this tourist town of ours. The people I work for own 3 shops and I work in different ones on different days.

It would be a bummer to have to buy 2 prescriptions! Geez!

cuddles1 10-22-2012 02:36 PM

Yes, I hate to spend $$ on two different scripts. But I don't know what esle to do. Do you have ideas about this ? When do you see your doctor again about the viibryd? Did he tell you to move up to the 40mg ant time soon?