It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 09:20 AM   #1
(female)

CantStopCrying HB User
Unhappy Needing Help But Don't Have Insurance or Extra Money

I am 29 years old and have suffered the symptoms of depression for most of my life. My earliest memories are of being a little kid and crying and wishing I'd never been born. I have never been officially diagnosed but I suffer all the symptoms : crying all the time, lack of interest in anything, don't want to get out of bed, etc. When everything in my life is "normal" I am for the most part fine, maybe a tad emotional. But lately I've been a mess. I have a parent who is dying from cancer. I work salary in a stressful job (around 60 hours a week), I am now getting garnished 25% of my check every week so with rent, car payment, utilities, credit card bills I don't even have money to cover those now let alone food or gas. I can't get the garnishment reduced since I have no dependents. I can't even function at work because of my constant crying meltdowns so I am scared I will soon be fired. My boyfriend recently broke up with me because of my being "unstable" and "not positive". I have no money to see a doctor or get medication and I don't think I would qualify for any sliding fee clinic since my paychecks are not low income before the taxes and garnishment get taken out even though my bills now outweigh what money I take home. Are there any suggestions out there for me ? I feel so helpless and can't stop crying.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: CantStopCrying
flamesabers (10-28-2012), Megan20085681 (10-28-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 12:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Needing Help But Don't Have Insurance or Extra Money

Hello CantStopCrying,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so miserable and helpless.

Does your employer offer an employee assistance program? If so, that could one option for you to see a therapist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

CantStopCrying HB User

No, they do not offer anything like that. They do offer insurance but at around 50/week I can't afford that especially not for the next 3 months until my garnishment is over. I'm having continuous crying breakdowns and it feels like I can't breath at times today....

Old 10-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #4
(female)

Megan20085681 HB User

I know exactly what your going through! I was the same way my whole life. When I was 19 my mom made me see a doctor and they put me on zoloft. Later on I was still having problems and they switched it to Prozac and buspar. I have anxiety and depression. There are a few remedies you can try that are cheap. Valerian root helps with anxiety and it helps with sleep. Its all natural. You can also try Chamomille. They can help you sleep. I would also try chamomille lavender tea. Everything I listed can be very cheap there are coupons for the herbs online.

Another option is to take benadryl when you start to feel very upset. It will help your body calm down. I would also try hot baths with lavender candles. The scent helpes with anxiety too. Get plenty of sleep. I would also save about 10 a week until you can afford a doctors appointment. If they want you on prozac or something similar you can get it pretty cheap. Please keep updated. Hope this helps.

Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #5
(female)

CantStopCrying HB User
Smile Re: Needing Help But Don't Have Insurance or Extra Money

I am happy to update that I am feeling a total turnaround ! I googled and researched alternatives online for awhile and decided to try SAMe. This is my 3rd day taking it and I feel wonderful! I was actually singing and dancing in my seat in the car today. I have not cried once yesterday or today. I was able to concentrate at work today and even my coworkers commented on my happy mood. I have energy to do tasks and did not dread getting out of bed yesterday or today. I've been taking a 200mg in the morning and one at noon along with B-complex. Hopefully other people with no insurance or options like that give this a try.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

It's good to hear you're feeling a lot better. I'm glad you were able to find a way to feel more like yourself again.

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
CantStopCrying (10-31-2012)
Closed Thread