It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

Nikki1983 HB User
Someone please help

Hello I'm going to a new doctor and don't know how to bring it up. Since the age of 16 I was diginosed with severe depression but quit taking them after trying 3 different medachine due to the way I felt. I've never talked to anyone about this next thing I'm going to bring up because I'm imbarrisd but I can't take it anymore. I can't be out in public or around anyone without my heart racing. It feels like my heart is coming out of my chest and I can't breath. I'm now 29 and have never had a job, I can't walk down the street and think everyone is staring. In school when I knew I had a class presentation I wouldn't attend school. I'm scared to do everything and always think the worst. I can't help it. What's wrong with me? I lose lots of hair... Had bloodwork and my thyroid checked, didn't see anything wrong! I often hear things like someone mumbling or a tv.... Radio off in the distance. Can you please give me answers and how should I bring this up to my doctor?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Nikki1983
haroldsmum (11-20-2012), Phoenix (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Someone please help

Hello Nikki1983 and welcome.

The social anxiety you speak of, can be addressed in a subtle manner.
Having anxiety or subcomponents of, is something that can be dealt with.

It may not be easy to explain but please realize that it's nothing to be ashamed of.

If you really can't find it in yourself to verbalize it, might I suggest writing a letter and handing it to the physician?

Know that we're here for you.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The following user gives a hug of support to Phoenix:
Nikki1983 (11-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #3
(female)

Nikki1983 HB User

Thanks a lot it was very sweet of you to answer me back and give some advice. I went to my doctors today and she percribed me somthing for high blood pressure, anxiety and cymbalta. I go back again Monday to see if I feel any better and to get bloodwork. Again thank YOU for your help it is very much appreciated

Last edited by Nikki1983; 11-19-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki1983 View Post
Thanks a lot it was very sweet of you to answer me back and give some advice. I went to my doctors today and she percribed me somthing for high blood pressure, anxiety and cymbalta. I go back again Monday to see if I feel any better and to get bloodwork. Again thank YOU for your help it is very much appreciated
You're welcome Nikki.

I seriously hope that the meds will provide you the relief you are so deserving of.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Closed Thread