It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
(female)

nikkik67 HB User
I don't know what to do

I have been suffering with depression for half my life. Right now I feel out of control anxious and having intrusive thoughts. I truely beleive that I have never recovered from depression and it keeps coming back. I'm worried all the time, and nothing seems to help, exercise, diet, meditation. I just want to feel happy again, but its been so long ago that I felt happy I cant remember what it felt like.
I know I will have to go back to the doctors, get drugs and see a counsellor, again, but nothing seems to help. I just keep slipping back to the same place I am at right now. I dont know what to do.......
Its not that I dont want to get better, I have really really tried hard, but I feel like giving up.
I am tired of battling against these feelings.....

The following user gives a hug of support to nikkik67:
Phoenix (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: I don't know what to do

Hello Nikkik67 and welcome.

If you want something you've never had before,you have to be prepared to do things you haven't done before.

Go back to the doctors,get prescribed medication and see a therapist but try something different.
Enter into therapy knowing your weak points of vulnerability and begin from there.
Put in the work and don't be afraid to ask questions;no matter how silly you may think they are.
Take steps to help ensure that backsliding doesn't happen and if it does begin to,you can recognize it and pull yourself out of the abyss of despair.
You can do this; I believe in you.
You'll be halfway there if you know who else has to believe in you.
Hint: The reflection you see in the mirror.

Respectfully stated
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 11-17-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread