It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
(male)

saltyd HB User
kind of sad and lonely, not sure if its my depression or...

kind of sad and lonely, not sure if its my depression or if i'm just getting down but for the last few days being on my own all the time and hearing people in class talk about their weekends having a laugh or talking about their boy/girl-friend is just making me wanna curl up into bed and just sleep the weekend away, my main issue is i dont drink so i rarely get invited out, even then when i do its one of those "hey lets tell him to meet us but not actually go" type invites by comple as..... ehem... but yeah this kind of thing is normal but lately it's getting to me more then usual

The following user gives a hug of support to saltyd:
Phoenix (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: kind of sad and lonely, not sure if its my depression or...

Hello saltyd and welcome.

It's not out of the ordinary,for people with depression to feel different around others.Their ability to do what may be difficult for the person affected may make a person feel rather miserable.

Have you seen a therapist previously?
I mean no offense,as therapeutic intervention can work wonders,under the right situations.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
(male)

saltyd HB User

i dont know a therapist i'm afraid
i was on tablets at one point but i felt they didnt work and stopped taking them

Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Sharing one's feelings with a complete stranger;if put in that context,it could be a tad difficult going forward.

Viewing the therapist as a person trained to help and heal puts a person in a better mindset,thus creating a idea environment to express one's inner thoughts.

How long were you on the medication?
Some take weeks before they take effect.
Please keep in mind that there are several different antidepressants on the market.

Phoenix

Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #5
(male)

saltyd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

How long were you on the medication?
Some take weeks before they take effect.
Please keep in mind that there are several different antidepressants on the market.

Phoenix
i was on something called Fluoxitine? for about 7months and just never really felt a difference

Old 12-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Please don't be so eager to give up on meds entirely.
It's a quality of life issue.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
(male)

Seekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB UserSeekingpeace12 HB User

Saltyd, you need to talk to your doctor right away. From what you have posted, you are depressed and if left untreated, your quality of life is going to suffer where depression will continue to get worse. We are lucky that there are so many types of medicine for depression and anxiety that if one doesnít work for us, we can always try something else, including combining two or more to enhance their properties. Please, please seek help so you can begin to get better. Talk to your doctor about prescribing benzos for when depression is worst and SSRIís so you can be yourself again. The benzos should not be taken long term but are quick acting and can get you out of that dark hole that depression is. I understand that being in bed makes you feel secure and protected but you donít want to miss out on life. We only have one and you need to help yourself so you can get the best out of it.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
(female)

avamarlo HB User

Hi salted,
You are suffering from a depression. If you are unable to find out a therapist then take the help of friends or your family members. Apart from medications you can try some other options which will help you to came out from this bad situations. Some of these are:

- Engage yourself in various various activity like - Reading , Dancing , Outing.
- Spend time with your friends or family members.
- Eat healthy food which rejuvenate your internal system of your body.

Thanks,
Ava.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
(male)

saltyd HB User

well i'v signed up for volunteer work after the xmas in the hospitals so hopefully get me out of a rut. hopefully make me feel less like doing nothing >_<

Last edited by saltyd; 12-10-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Closed Thread