It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

Hlgrogan HB User
New Here

Wanted to say hello and talk to some people that might understand some of the things I am going through. I am a lurker on the Fibromyalgia board but I am in a vicious cycle between pain and depression. One begets another.

I just don't feel like doing anything. I don't want to go anywhere, it's an effort to just exist. When I think about doing the smallest things like even taking a shower I just don't have the energy and the motivation. I have to force myself to be part of things I don't want to, whether it be family events or if it is something for my daughter because I need to be there. I have friends and I do like to be with them and other times it is just too exhausting to be around them because I need to be "up" I think or feel like I need to put a facade on because I am so broken inside. In all honesty I don't really think I like talking to people or really being around them yet if you ask everyone they would say the opposite. It is exhausting to be me. Not because I am different or out of the ordinary do fun exciting things, but because I can't get out of my own way. I am a slave to myself.

I am seeing a therapist and taking Prozac which takes the edge off.

Can anyone relate?

Last edited by Hlgrogan; 12-13-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Type o

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Hlgrogan
Phoenix (12-14-2012), RainyDays12 (12-14-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: New Here

Hello Hlgrogan.

Yes, I can relate to the feeling of being so unmotivated to much of anything and wanting to avoid people altogether. When I'm stuck in such moods, I, like you, have to force myself to get things accomplished. I've found doing small things like household cleaning or taking a walk outside as sometimes helpful for getting out of the monotony I feel trapped in.

Has your therapist suggested any ways to cope when you don't feel like doing anything?

The Following User Says Thank You to flamesabers For This Useful Post:
Phoenix (12-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Welcome to the group and id like to say your not alone im fighting the same battle its a striggle just for me to get up and go to work I cant even tell u the last time my house got a good cleaning and,im one,of those ppl who dont like thongs out of place but lately ive gotten my self in a,funk I have constant anxiety and keep,my self isolated o dont wanna do anything I constantly worry if I have the littlest thing wrong right away I thonk its a fatal illiness I worry about everything im making myself sick I have pain everywhere I get short pf breathe its horrible to feel this way I wish id snap put pf it your mot alone

The following user gives a hug of support to greeneyez 1966:
Phoenix (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello Hlgrogan and welcome.

I hear you loud and clear and can relate to what you're expressing.

It's almost as if depression(at times)just decides to place an immense blockade in the way of progress.
In times like that,please remember the things you go out of your way to do for others.That extra exertion of energy is healthy,as you are doing something,which trumps being sedentary.

I recall going through the rooms of AA(Alcoholics Anonymous) and repeatedly hearing:"bring the body and the mind will follow" and "keep it simple."
I tried to apply it to my depression;thinking long and hard.

After much deliberation with myself,I realized that I over-think too many things.There has to be some sort of simplicity to things but I have to find that missing key element.
I began using both famous and infamous quotes,as a means of attempting to motivate myself.After a while,concepts began to sink in and I had a reason or two to help push me forward.
Hope it helps to place things in perspective;food for thought,if you will.

Know that we're here because we care.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; 12-14-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

I just re read my post and,yikes sorry about all the misspelled words ii did this from my phone .but anyway having a bad day today woke up anxious cant shake it feel like im losing control its aweful

Closed Thread