It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
(male)

5ave HB User
Multiple Problems Caused By Depression?

Hello Health Boards I am new here.

I would like to state that I have multiple problems which I think is caused by depression, so I posted it in this section of this forum.
Keep in mind that I have had these problems for a long, long time. Currently I am 15, turning 16 in March. My mum passed away about 5 months ago which I think may be my problem.

I will start from the beginning when all of the problems started. When I was 9 my farther bought me a PlayStation 1 for Christmas. He got me a game that made me incredibly addicted to. I use to play it 5-6 hours a day, even school nights. I caused many fights between my parents about my addiction. My mother hated the thing and wanted it gone but my farther was to kind and got me anything that I wanted. Over the years my 5 hours went to 9 hours to about 14 hours average and even 27 hours straight I have done playing video games.

When I was about 11 years old, my mothers closes sister (My aunt) which I incredibly loved and saw her as another mother, died with a heart attack. Just about 1 month before I parents split up and my farther cheated on my mother. I stayed strong for my mother and every night for 2 years I herd my mother cried her self to sleep. I started to become fat then obese, I ate healthy but I did lack of excise. After that event, my mother notice that I was nodding my head and tensing my left side of my neck to my jaw. I would hum nearly every 30 minutes just slightly. I could help doing it but after awhile I stop noticing it and I still keep on doing it. When I try to stop my self doing it, my right temple feels like someone is pressing on it and my left side of my neck and shoulder feels weird. I had this for about 2 months and they went away for about a year and it came back for about 1 month and disappeared. This will happen every year.

I am not good at school, I am a D and C student. I have plenty of friends but "Publicity" has hit them and now they have "Better" friends then me. I wouldn't blame them when I never go outside unless someone invites me but I usually always make an excuse to not to go or to go to school. I get paranoid about groups of people and women. If I even hear someone laugh by a girl or a group. I put my head down in shame, even though in my back of my mind it is not true and they are not even looking at me.

As I said before I am a D and C student. I am great with computers and I get A's for every computer subject I choose and I don't even listen or research and I am really good at making plans and doing strategies things such as word searches. But I can do anything else, I have a 11 year old spelling age on paper.

So please if anyone could help me to what to do. Sorry for my whole story of my life -___- but I need to talk to someone about it. Thanks.

Edit: I also forgot that I have trouble sleeping. I am always tired and I wake up at 3pm and go to sleep at 5am.

Last edited by 5ave; 01-04-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
(female)

Rikki01 HB User
Re: Multiple Problems Caused By Depression?

Dear 5dave,

I am glad that you wrote and are asking for help. You definitely are dealing with a lot of stuff you shouldn't have to at your age.

I am wondering if your low marks are really a reflection of not coping well, rather than your intelligence. Your writing above seems fine to me!

You do need to look for professional help, though. i know from my own experience when i get very down and "at the end of my ropes" and don't know how to make changes myself anymore (or just don't know anymore what to do), the only way out is to speak to a neutral, professsional person, such as a counsellor or psychologist. I don't know what types of resources you have available at your school (school counsellors) or if you would feel comfortable seeing a school counsellor. Many cities have helplines for people with depression and particularly fr younger people. They may be able to connect you with a resource in your community. Many cities also have mental health organizations that you could call for help about local resources. Many mnetal health organizations have groups of people who have experienced similar challenges and through sharing their experiences and what helped them, support each other.

Mental Health may sound scary, but you obviously recognize yourself that you need help, otherwise you would not have posted here.

Learning to overcome the kinds of challenges you have experienced and finding ways to move forward will not be easy but definitely worthwhile!!!

I wish you good luck in finding some local resources where you live!

Closed Thread