It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

himmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB Userhimmylover HB User
Question Which one is better for those of you whom have tried?

Lexapro, or Celexa? I don't want to gain, but something weight netural. I can not take Wellburtin. Took it for five days, felt great!!!!! Then bam........made me mean. Did I not give enough time to subside.....6 days?

Pls. any adivse?????

I have to be on AD's. Way too much stress going on in my life with my mother, and work.

Please give me your thoughts, OR if you know a good AD that does not or known NOT to cause weight gain.

I KNOW everyone is different, but need something.

I exercise, well used too, and drink plenty of water, and try very hard to eat heathy...........and try to think positive but lately that is not happening.........Help.

Please..........

Last edited by himmylover; 01-22-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Which one is better for those of you whom have tried?

Hello.

I may have lost a few pounds while I was taking Celexa, but otherwise it was a weight neutral med for me. I have no experience with Lexapro.

All of the anti-depressants I've taken have been weight neutral for me, so it's difficult for me to say which one is less likely to cause weight gain than the other. I'm sorry I'm not able to be more helpful to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Re: Which one is better for those of you whom have tried?

I dont take celexa or lexapro. I am on wellbutrin 150 in am and 150 in pm. I did have a period of meaness around the same time you did. It's been a few weeks since then and I'm feeling very good. Not mean and starting to feel better about everything. I also take cymbalta 20 am 20 pm. Lost 10 lbs. Pretty sure cuz of cymbalta. I was on wellbutrin in the past (same dosage) and never lost or gained weight. I was able to successfully go off meds (wellbutrin, prozac, and ativan) then my cousin was killed in Afghanistan and two days later my mom suddenly passed away. Couldn't deal with it without help. good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to sawbuck44:
himmylover (02-22-2013)
Reply Reply