It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
(male)

Kevin1523 HB User
Does this sound like Bi-Polar??

I have been dealing with depression for about three years now, I had a major change in my life with a birth of a child and it kicked off the depression. I have been treated with Celexa, didn't do anything but make me feel like a zombie, no highs or lows. Then went to Lexapro, got the same result. Finally went to a Pdoc and he re-prescribed Lexapro and gave me Trazadone to sleep. Of course the Lexapro did the same thing as before, so he put me on Effexor with the Lex. The Effexor was the worst ever, horrible side effects made everything worse not to mention coming off of it was torture. So I have been plugging along with the 10mg daily of the Lexapro, finally decided it was time to find a better doc. So, I told him what was going on with depression and my anxiety and a few panic attacks. He put me on Wellbutrin 150 XL daily and 1mg of Xanax twice daily(Wellbutrin can cause anxiety but I requested it for the energy factor). The day of being put on Wellbutrin I felt a burst of energy I haven't felt in years, clear thoughts, a little anxious but the Xanax is helping. The energy has leveled off a bit in the 7 days I have been taking it. I went today and he said it sounds like I have a mild form of Bi-Polar or just a weird reaction to the Wellbutrin. I have never had a manic episode in my life, I understand Bi-Polar is hard to diagnose, but I feel so good and getting better sleep. I see him again in 1 week, he dropped my dose from the 150Xl to the 100SR to see what that does. Any thoughts on why the Wellbutrin helped so fast??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, bi-polar, depression