It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

nineteenagain HB User
Should I quit my job and unenroll because of my depression?

I always like to read peoples posts, but don't like to start new threads myself a lot. Anways I have been suffering from depression for about 4 years. I'm currently 20 years old and have been struggling with school and keeping a job. I've been hired by about 5 places in the last year, only to be successful at one. Also I went away to college for one semester but did really bad, so I'm now at community college.

To sum it up, I really am feeling bad. I'm planning on seeing my medication manager today (aprn) to see what to do. I go to therapy every other week and work part time at a retail store. I feel so bad that I just want to unenroll in school and quit my job all together. It's getting too hard for me to handle. Not to mention I'm just so tired of all the medications I've tried: lexapro,wellbutrin, buspar, zoloft, and now effexor. I've been on effexor for about 5 months, but right now I feel so depressed. I don't even know how I'll make it to work today or even school this week. I'm just looking for a little advice here. Thanks! :\

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Should I quit my job and unenroll because of my depression?

Hello.

I think it depends. On the one hand I don't think it's a good idea to make major decisions when you're feeling depressed. On the other hand, I think it's important to know your limits. I think a big issue is what would you do if you decided to quit your job and schooling. Would you get enrolled in a more intensive outpatient program or something to treat your depression? Or would you end up spending more time at home feeling more miserable because you're not able to hold a job or go to school? If you feel you need to free up your schedule to spend more time in treatment, I think taking a break from your job and school may make a big difference in the long run.

I do think trying to carry out your daily routines when you're depressed can be very difficult and overwhelming at times. However, I think continuing with your daily routines can really help with taking your mind off of your depression.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread