It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
(male)

MadxChad HB User
Hello. New member here.

Here is a bit of my history:

I suffer from PSTD and many related cor-morbid disorders. I was predisposed to anxiety and depressive disorders as it is quite frequent in both sides of my family. I endured ongoing traumatic events of abuse from the ages of 12-14. I developed PTSD and a host of other disorders. I briefly tried psychotherapy and medications but did not enjoy the side effects that came along with them. I self medicated through the use of drugs and alcohol throughout high school and into my late twenties. I went through good periods and bad periods. When I was working I was always successful. I was off and on in continuing my education. I dropped out of high school and got my GED. I went to junior college but then stopped to work full time. There were periods were I would work full time and go to school full time and there were periods where I would only go to school full time and not work. Throughout this whole time I was self medicating and just trying to deal with underlying problems I had and to keep them internal. I broke up with my girlfriend who I was living with and moved home with my parents shortly before finally finishing my bachelors degree. Shortly after graduating I had another falling out with the ex which sent me into depression. Although now with no obligation to her, no obligation to school, no obligation to work, I was happy to just sit in my room and not have to deal with the anxiety that came from the outside world. My depression got worse the more I stayed in my room. My anxiety also go worse. I developed agoraphobia, something that I had mild symptoms of before but I attributed it more to anxiety than anything else. During this time I was not self medicating. After about 6 or 7 months I finally reached a breaking point and had to ask my parents for help. They are very supportive and I think I probably wouldn't be alive without them. I went back to my psychiatrist whom I have occasionally gone to over the years and who I initially started seeing 15 years ago. I was ready to try some meds and psychotherapy to get better. I've read posts on websites like these for quite a while and are in itself a form of therapy. As I am starting new medications, I now join in hopes of getting some of my questions about medications and general support through this and other forums. I hope to soon be better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, depression, ect, new member, ptsd