It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
(male)

Sleeping Lion HB User
Hi I'm New Here

Hello this is my first time posting here. I've never tried to reach out for help before, but I'm realizing I have so many problems I need too. I wasn't sure what health board to post under because I have so many issues.

Maybe someone knows who I can talk to for free help online, because I'm 28, 29 in 2 months and I'm unemployed living at my parents house.

The funny thing is things were just getting better. I had finally found a good paying job, after 2 years of minimum wage retail jobs. I ended up getting laid off while I was suffering from a severe case of the flu. So I found out having a 40 hour a week job is crucial to my mental health.

I've had problems with pain killers, but I quit those and went to a methadone clinic. My girlfriend died on July 26, 2011 from a hereditary kidney disease(MPGN). Ever since she's been gone my depression or anxiety has been sky high. We met online, talked for 5 months, finally met, and moved in with each other after about 1-2 months. I take losing her so hard because not only was she filling my girlfriend role, she was actually my best friend. It's been almost 2 years and my parents think I should be over it, but it's hard when your sitting at home everyday watching TV unemployed. Even when I had those minimum wage retail jobs I would get 8-16 hours a week if that. But even that helped me mentally.

I could go on and on about my issues. I haven't cleaned my room since she died. And just sitting at home on my behind 24 hours a day is just old. I go for a walk/jog in the morning, exercise, but I'm just not happy.

I'm not happy in the way for example if I feel like just dying. But I think thinkin like that is for cowards. All I know is I got issues, haha. Never thought I'd ever be like this.

Last edited by mod85; 03-24-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
(male)

Mikeh66 HB UserMikeh66 HB User
Re: Hi I'm New Here

Your first reaction is probably "bible thumper". Have you tried going to church?
Churches usually have someone to talk to "in person rather than online".

I am on methadone and have been for several years with a long history of drugs before that, anyhow if I did not have that inner peace I would be ......... well, I just don't know where I would be......

Best of luck and may God bless you
MikeH66

Reply Reply