It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

stuckhere HB User
hate my life

I hate the area that I live in, I live in the middle of nowhere and threw away my life to move to a remote area to marry a guy I don't love. Now I'm stuck here. The people in this area just want something from you, I have made zero friends in 3 years. They all want me to help them find them work with my contacts from the city where I came from, or they want me to do work for them or some charity they are involved in for free. There is no subtlety in their requests and I am so tired of it. It is totally wearing me down, plus I'm tired of being so incredibly lonely. Then on top of that I am humiliated that I threw away my life in the city for this. And I feel powerless to change my situation. I can't leave because we have a 2 year old son, I have not been able to find much work here, and my husband supports us. He refuses to leave or make any attempts to leave. I am so angry at him for this. I don't know how to cope, I'm constantly tense and angry. And I don't know how to handle these requests from people in this area on what seems like a weekly basis. I don't want to get mean to them, because it is such a small place and I don't want to make enemies.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-20-2013 at 02:57 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to stuckhere:
Phoenix (04-14-2013)
Old 04-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Stretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB UserStretch1one HB User
WOW! I don't know how to respond to you other than to say life is way to short to be stuck this way call your friend or family get your life back on track. I mean no one is happy in love all the time you really should try to get your husband to move to the city where you have more options and maybe even rekindle the relationship you hopefully once had things can change a lot in a different environment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: hate my life

Hello stuckhere and welcome.

I hear you;loud and clear.

Have you considered speaking with your husband about the possibility of you getting a job,or at the very least,begin training for a particular occupation?

Two heads are better than one and maybe,just maybe,if he sees your true desire,he will offer a few suggestions.

As far as the people are concerned,you can always tell them that you are looking into employment,which is keeping you quite busy,with the child and all.
If you're actively doing so,it wouldn't be a lie.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
(female)

stuckhere HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch1one View Post
WOW! I don't know how to respond to you other than to say life is way to short to be stuck this way call your friend or family get your life back on track. I mean no one is happy in love all the time you really should try to get your husband to move to the city where you have more options and maybe even rekindle the relationship you hopefully once had things can change a lot in a different environment.

Thank you for your note, I'm trying everything I can think of to allow us to move back to the city, I'm working hard on finding work that will take me to the city more too. You are right that our environment has an impact, I just wish things would change faster, I appreciate your note

Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #5
(female)

stuckhere HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Hello stuckhere and welcome.

I hear you;loud and clear.

Have you considered speaking with your husband about the possibility of you getting a job,or at the very least,begin training for a particular occupation?

Two heads are better than one and maybe,just maybe,if he sees your true desire,he will offer a few suggestions.

As far as the people are concerned,you can always tell them that you are looking into employment,which is keeping you quite busy,with the child and all.
If you're actively doing so,it wouldn't be a lie.

Respectfully
Phoenix
Hi Phoenix
Thank you for your reply to my angry note. I have a profession, but there are no jobs in it out here, I'm working hard on finding work that will take me back to the city every once in a while. And trying to find creative ideas that will allow us to move. My husband feels powerless to help, or to move. He feels he is very rooted here and there is no way he can move. Nor does he want to. That is very frustrating to me, because we are not in this together. It feels like he just ignores my misery and tells me to wait and things will get better. But I know that it will not get better if I just sit and wait for something to come along here, because there is nothing here. Anyway, thank you again for replying to my post

Old 04-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Hello stuckhere.

One step at a time.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Last edited by Administrator; 04-29-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:18 AM   #7
(female)

stuckhere HB User

Thank you Phoenix for your supportive note. I will keep trying and take it one step at a time and try to be patient!

Last edited by Administrator; 04-29-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
(male)

RobMBA HB User

stuckhere,

I am sorry to hear about your situation

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-29-2013 at 02:16 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobMBA For This Useful Post:
stuckhere (05-01-2013)
Reply Reply