It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
(female)

ladyjadey HB User
Unhappy feeling so down

right im going to say sorry in advance for maybe some of the spelling and maybe language.

so im 24 cannot walk very well i need help standing up when im gettin out of the bath cookin pretty much everything now.. i cannot have a normal day out with friends without a lot of pain i cannot work i cannot sit down on a chair like a NORMAL person would i have to sit with my legs in a triangular shape with 2 plastic bottles under my knees because all the muscles in my legs are too tight and cause 2 much pain and my knee caps fall out of place if i stand, sit or move in the wrong position thats it they pop out of place. im crying all the time im angry i want to start having a family soon but if i cannot even work how am i ment to look after a child and be a good parent? and even my lady parts are not working right im constantly bloated ( or feel it)

iv had this since i was about 15! iv given up 5 jobs and had to give up college all because my knees/legs go out of place when im working or walkin!!

what the hell did i do so wrong to be stung with a tun of medical problems im in so much debt i have no way of getting out of it because the job centre wont pay me anything! and i just cant handle it any more i have a great family and boyfriend but im sinking fast now i don't go out hardly because of how i walk and the fact i cannot walk very far without a load of pain from my leg muscles and now i try using crutches and now im straining the top of my arms and my back i cannot win! i just feel like a big burden to ever one and im sick of living a life that i really don't want to any more but i no i have to i think.

some one please help? my doctor is great at sending me for appointments i need but when it comes to anyone else helping me im just going in circles and i cannot do it any more. im sorry im such a downer but iv tried pulling myself out of it iv tried antidepressants i dont no what else there is left to try.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:28 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: ladyjadey
dcp93 (06-10-2013), vikkio (05-15-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
re: feeling so down

I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible. You are very young to have such severe problems. Thank God you have support from family and boyfriend. Please tell us what your diagnosis is. Do you have rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or something similar? Those disorders can certainly start at 15, and can be very severe if not treated appropriately. There are good treatments available, so if you have no diagnosis, or are not on any specific treatment, that's where you need to start. It is possible to live a satisfactory life with medical problems if you know what they are and have aggressive enough treatment to keep the disorder under control. Please tell us more, and you'll get help from people here!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
I'm sorry you are feeling so terrible. You are very young to have such severe problems. Thank God you have support from family and boyfriend. Please tell us what your diagnosis is. Do you have rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, or something similar? Those disorders can certainly start at 15, and can be very severe if not treated appropriately. There are good treatments available, so if you have no diagnosis, or are not on any specific treatment, that's where you need to start. It is possible to live a satisfactory life with medical problems if you know what they are and have aggressive enough treatment to keep the disorder under control. Please tell us more, and you'll get help from people here!
they don't no so im stuck not being able to work have a family or go out and really do anything at 24 im sick of it now. i have a medical assessment friday so i guess i will see how things go then.

Valhariel (05-20-2013), vikkio (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

kchelle6888 HB User

Fight this fight!!! Be strong.... beat it. I am so sorry that you are feeling this way.. we are the same age.. it is not fair.. but life is not fair. We all have our own battles. You never know what tomorrow may bring..

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I agree, fight this fight, you are young, you can overcome this. First step is getting a diagnosis so you know which direction you need to turn! Once you are able to know what you are dealing with you can begin to treat it and heal! Don't quit.....you will get thru this.
keep posting, this is a wonderful place for support.
best of luck to you.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

many thanks to all of you i really appreciate what you are all saying but if iv been trying to find out what is wrong for the last 8-9years how am i ment to have any faith they they will im just sick of the lot. i cannot be bothered anymore

Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I understand you are tired and this has been going on a long time, but you could be thisclose to a diagnosis and a treatment plan!
Keep trying to get to the bottom of this

Old 05-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
I understand you are tired and this has been going on a long time, but you could be this close to a diagnosis and a treatment plan!
Keep trying to get to the bottom of this
its just easy for people to say stick with it it will get sorted.. but at what point is someone who can help me going to take me seriously.... i no i have a lot to loose if someone thing did happen to me. and everyone knows about my medical problems but the way i am feeling is very well hidden from everyone i can smile like i have no problems in the world and no one is any wiser when really i wake up thinking o ffs another day i hope it hurry's up. and go to sleep thinking thank god its over. and its just a loop over and over again.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:20 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to ladyjadey:
vikkio (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
(male)

BigKountry HB User

What is the Doctor saying you have??? You did not say anything about what is wrong? If you have a family you need to smile about that! I know it seems hard with health issues. But you have to get up and try! Keep your head up.... Listen to the song Try by pink and let that be your theme song!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
(female)

vikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB User

Please stay strong!!! we have all had that feeling because of one thing or another, But we grab on to that glimmer of hope, Your very lucky!! you have a great family, and boyfriend.. some people do not even have that, when I am depressed, I think of the child struggling to find food, who is dying of starvation , I think of people who don't have medical care and can't even get diagnosed, yes , life gets hard..., but we have to be thankful that we even woke up with breath, can hear the birds sing, can see a laugh, that we can enjoy a hug or our family. We have to count our blessings no matter how small. ...Don't worry, this will soon pass one day. Strong people last, and you are 24, I know you are a very strong person, as I can hear it in your words from your post. Just keep your spirit up!!!, and always use this board to vent, we are all here to support you the best we can!!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Since you have been seeking diagnosis for so long, perhaps you could share your symptoms and get some feedback. When you see Dr on Friday, you may have some ideas to discuss and tests to ask for that members suggest. Worth a try as there are many who may share your symptoms and already have a diagnosis.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #12
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

thank you all i have a friend more my step mum than a friend who has a very ill son. and i no that people do have it a lot harder than me the thing that gets me threw the day is saying that there is always someone out there a lot worse off than i am right now i no its silly but its true thank you all for your reply's its make me feel better just knowing im not the only one who is so low so i no im not alone in the fight back to being happy.

my symptoms are:
aching when walking too far. sit in the same position for too long. they swell up do my knees if iv walked too far or done anything where im stood up for a little while say 15-20 mins walking is different i cannot really walk for 10 mins any more without it hurting (im on 600mg of ibuprofen for the pain that is not helping any more). they go numb start tingling a lot like pins and needles but its different because it hurts as well it that makes sense and sometimes when i try and wiggle my toes nothing happens that's only happened 3-4 times but my knee caps also fall out of place and when they pop back in they hurt like hell! for about 3-5 days depending if i twist my leg in the wrong position they pop out and now my ankles have started feeling the same except not popping out. they have told me that all of my muscles in my legs are too tight and they wont be helping but physio is not helping and i can not walk up or down hills / steps without help i also loose balance too so i have no clue. my personal opinion is arthritis but that wont explain my knee caps poppin out of place i don't think.... so i really don't no

i really and amazed how many people have commented i did kind of feel like no one cared any more :')

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:22 PM.

rosequartz (05-16-2013), vikkio (05-15-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to ladyjadey For This Useful Post:
vikkio (05-15-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
(female)

vikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB Uservikkio HB User

girl... we care,

Girl... you are gonna be just fine . I know 8 or 9 years is long with pain.., but the rest of your life is a much longer time to look forward to alot of hope, promise and dreams!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-15-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

We do care about each other or wouldn't spend our time here! I think you are right-an arthritis of some sort, probably inflammatory like rheumatoid or lupus. You may also have peripheral neuropathy associated with the arthritis. It causes the numbness and tingling and off balance feeling. I hope your Dr will check you for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and similar connective tissue disease, as well as peripheral neuropathy. You should have xrays of your worst joints to look for erosions in the bone. A nerve conduction study/EMG can help with the PN diagnosis, but isn't absolutely necessary if clinical exam confirms it (lost sensation, sense of position, decreased reflexes). Try to read a little on these things before you go to Dr. If you are informed, you'll feel more in control of your app't and work-up.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: feeling so down

we care!

Reply Reply