It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
(male)

nightsky5486 HB User
How am I feeling? Why am I depressed?

After having a pretty depressing week I thought I'd share my week on this board and read through some of the communities postings to see if anyone feels the same way I do.

I am 27, male, recently graduated with my MBA and have a good job. I've recently have just been having feelings of being directionless, lack of motivation, insomnia and social withdrawal. So far to the point that this last week of work I called in every-single day because I just didn't feel motivated to go in. I more or less withdraw from the world, only even leaving my room when my roommates had gone to work - but it doesn't feel like I'm motivated by "sadness" it's almost been an adventure.

It seems that I feel like I through bouts of extremes, doing really well and positive for weeks and then moments or extended periods where I just want to be alone and am upset with my life.

I see a therapist every few months who has me on Paxil for what I thought was anxiety and treatment for ADHD which has really improved my work performance. From what I read online it almost sounds like I have symptoms consistent with bipolar disorder. Does any share any type of similar experiences?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

justme64 HB User
Re: How am I feeling? Why am I depressed?

It does sound like you might be bi-polar.

I'm not an expert in any way, shape, or form, but you should probably see your therapist more often. And you should see a psychiatrist for an official diagnosis. Once you get a handle on what's really going on, you can get on the right meds.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
adhd, bipolar, depression, paxil