It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

jcishere93 HB User
Feeling depressed and miserable all the time?

I keep feeling depressed all the time , I just feel awful and terrible.I put myself out there a lot and got hurt a lot in the process and icant stop thinking about what has hurt me. Tried over 15 medications for severe depression and none have helped. Feeling awful. I also get bullied a lot and made fun of and just feel terrible. I don't like to talk about why I'm depressed because I get bullied for it.I sleep 15 hours per day to. I cant stopt hinking about why I'm depressed. i dont even know why im asking this question, i just feel terrible all the time so i have to keep asking questions. ive been feeling the same way for 3-4 years now everyday, and there are no periods when i feel good at all.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: jcishere93
Snort (02-26-2014), WhistleDixie (02-27-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

Snort HB User
Re: Feeling depressed,miserable and suicidal all the time?

I understand how it feels to be in the depths of depression. Exercise helps me even though I usually have to force myself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
re: Feeling depressed and miserable all the time?

Hey JC...You are not alone, my friend. Sometimes it helps to hear that because depression is so isolating. I, too suffer from severe depression and anxiety. I have lived with it for more years than without it. I think I was even depressed as a child, but didn't have the vocabulary for it. It took YEARS of therapy to help me to cope with so many issues (too many to list). I saw a psychologist for cognitive and behavioral therapy. It took months of sessions before I could even share my true feelings. I learned a lot from my therapist that I will practice daily for the rest of my life. I also tried several anti-depressants over the years. Finally, I started Zoloft in the late 90's when I was covered in hives (my stress manifested itself). I have continuously taken 100 mg nightly since then. NO...It's not a magic pill. NO...there is no miracle solution. The hard truth is that your success depends on the work you put into it. I would start with seeking out a therapist with whom you feel comfortable. That opens the door to other methods of "managing" depression.

Every person is different. I will briefly share my experience, and some "must-do's" in order to feel better. You simply CANNOT retreat into sleep for 15 hours per day. Sleep is seductive. It lures you into isolation, darkness, and the proverbial detachment from the outside world. You've got to get up, get out, get moving, then repeat for the rest of your life. Depression is a vicious cycle. You can actually "think" your way into a downward spiral. You need to distract those bad thoughts. Don't dwell on the problem. Work towards a solution. Fake it til you feel it, literally. Oftentimes you must go through the motions of life before you can begin to live again. Start today....Start now....Go for a long walk and explore the beauty that is there. Be thankful that you CAN walk. Be thankful that you CAN see, though what you see while depressed is so very distorted. Listen to upbeat music. Dance like nobody's watching. Believe me, I'm no "Polyanna Sunshine" by nature. But I have to fight this illness every waking moment. When I start to feel pity for myself, I think of so many who have problems far greater than mine. My life mantra is "If I cannot see my way clear to gratitude for what I DO have, then I find that I can be grateful that I don't have worse things".

I believe in you. I believe you can overcome these feelings that overwhelm you. Start by changing your negative thinking. Focus on something positive...it's there=)

Last edited by WhistleDixie; 02-27-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Old 02-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
(female)

Snort HB User
re: Feeling depressed and miserable all the time?

Sleep IS seductive. Sometimes I feel like I could sleep forever. But it just makes it worse so I know now that I have to force myself to get up and do things. It can be really hard sometimes. I found Claire Weeks books and CD's really helpful.

The following user gives a hug of support to Snort:
WhistleDixie (02-27-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
(male)

freegh453 HB User
Re: Feeling depressed and miserable all the time?

I feel the same. Meds don't work for me either. I either sleep all day or get none. I don't know what to do. You're not alone.

Reply Reply