It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

whackedback HB Userwhackedback HB Userwhackedback HB User
Question ChoiceDM A1C Home Test - Any Good?

I've found the following info on a home A1C test. From the info I've pasted below, it's a one-time test, and then you toss it. Since I located it on-line and at a couple of local chains for about 20 bucks, I'm going to bite the bullet and have one ready to take the day I go back to my doctor and he has blood drawn for a lab-done A1C test. Just curious if any of you have tried this test at home. TIA

whackedback

The ChoiceDM A1C Home Test is the first A1C test that gives you accurate results at home in just minutes— no visit to the lab, no waiting, or sample to mail in. The ChoiceDM A1C Home Test is fast, easy to use, and requires only a small drop of blood. The test is disposable, so you use it once and throw it away — no meter to keep track of or batteries to replace.

Daily Glucose Testing and A1C Testing
While daily blood glucose testing tells you what your blood sugar level is at the time you test, A1C testing tells you your "average" blood sugar level over the past 2–3 months. Both tests are very important in protecting your long-term health. Maintaining healthy A1C levels may help reduce your risk of diabetes complications.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:25 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Printcrafter HB User
Re: ChoiceDM A1C Home Test - Any Good?

As soon as I found out about one of these I was off the the pharmacy. It is simple and quick to do (and as you sumrized, a one-shot test). I checked with my Endo after I had taken it, half expecting her to blow it off. To my suprise, she thought highly of it and skipped my next scheduled "real" lab test.

When you get done, you should really tear it appart. Quite an amazing little device with a computer chip, lenses, LCD screen, and other wonderful mysteries.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #3
Inactive

JacquelineL HB User
Re: ChoiceDM A1C Home Test - Any Good?

I noticed that Costco had them for $15. I intend to try one in the near future.

Closed Thread