It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User
Question foot pain

I've been wondering if the foot pain I've been having is associated with diabetes? It's been going on now for a few months with some numbness in my legs at times. A few weeks ago, I had a work out from a massage therapist doing extreme deep tissue which seemed to help my legs a lot, but I can't bring myself to go back because it was so painful.

I always work the pain out of my feet for a few hours by walking, but soon comes flying back. Even putting my feet up for awhile doesn't seem to help.
It only hurts while trying to walk and from getting up from sitting or laying down. Any thoughts on this?

Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 PM   #2
(female)

Nunnycat7 HB User
Re: foot pain

I'm no expert on this but the symptoms you are describing seem to point to diabetic neuropathy. This is just a suggestion though. Maybe you could do a search on diabetic neuropathy and read up on it and see if you think the symptoms of it match the ones you are having. Hope I helped

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB UserSamQKitty HB User

First off, are you diabetic? Are you getting cramps in your feet? Or "just" pain (not to minimize the pain). If it's cramps, you may need more calcium or B vitamins. If it's painful, but not cramping, it could be neuropathy. Either way, discuss it with your doctor.

Ruth

Old 05-11-2005, 09:44 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

wackytoposthere HB User

I believe I am, I'm an herbalist and have been self medicating for almost 20 years.
When I do some serious exercising I do cramp, but thats not the problem.
The soreness is mainly in the arch and back to the heel. Thanks

Old 05-16-2005, 04:06 AM   #5
(male)

Equinoxx HB User

Here's a dumb question: Is it possible to reverse the severity of neuropathy?

Old 05-16-2005, 06:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

german30 HB User

First of all, I don't think any question is a dumb question!! You ask it because you are looking for information.
I was at my doctor's office last week and we were discussing my peripheral neuropathy and he said there have been cases of PN that have slowly cured themselves, BUT no studies have been done to see what could be the cause, so I guess for now I will have to live with it.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:50 PM   #7
(female)

MRadtke HB User

Have you checked out ' Restless Legs Syndrome'?

Old 07-04-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
(male)

cfd HB User

The severity of diabetic neuropathy may be reduced by a number of different ways. In my opinion it is worth speaking with your neurologist, podiatrist (if the pain is in your feet), or general practitioner about ways of combating this. Best of luck and keep us updated on some of things you try.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
(female)

Ladystorm51 HB User

Just a thought, I had this several years ago and it was heal spears...it hurts the worse when you set down for some time and then get up and the foot is stretching the tendons and it hurts like heck..but once your up and moving it gets better...does this sound like that? The only way I healed this was with magnic therapy...it took about two months to heal but I lived all my wakeing and sleeping hours wearing foot magnic...Just a thought...what you have discribed sounds the same...

Old 07-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

almonkey HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxx
Here's a dumb question: Is it possible to reverse the severity of neuropathy?
The body is an amazing thing! If you can get your numbers to goal and stay there you will allow your body the optimal chance to heal itself. With this the severity may lessen. The key is, it shouldnt get worse and you will feel better overall!

Closed Thread