It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #1
Inactive

Jbird21 HB User
A couple ?'s about possible symptoms.

Hello, I just need to ask a couple of questions about possible symptoms I've had and maybe you could tell me if this is reason enough to get tested for diabetes or hypoglycemia. To start off, I'm a 21 year old male, my mother, grandmother, uncle and a couple other members of my moms side of the family have diabetes. I've had Dr. diagnosed oral thrush twice, both small cases just one spot on the tongue, cleared up with nystatin in under a week, I was scared because I read about thrush and HIV, so I got tested, thank God it came out negative. I sometimes have "spells" where it seems like I have enough energy but within like a second I feel completely drained, I get somewhat dizzy, lightheaded, and my knees feel very weak, I feel like I have to lay down. They usually last until I eat something, I don't really recall being more thirsty or urinating more but you never know. Any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much for your time.

Jonathan

Old 05-04-2005, 03:57 AM   #2
(male)

mcruk HB User
Re: A couple ?'s about possible symptoms.

I havent been diagnosed myself but have a good friend that has. She didnt have any of the usual sympotms ie, excessive thirst but was constantly feeling drained. This is the reason she went to her doctor. She was diagnosed with Diabetes shortly after. So its definately worth getting tested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 03:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: A couple ?'s about possible symptoms.

to jbird
I suggest you get a blood sugar tester and a finger *****er and test your own bloodsugar when you feel unwell, it will tell you whether its in the normal range or too high or too low, ask diabetic relatives how to use the tester, these are often cheap and on special at a pharmacist, a docs prescription is generally needed for the machine and the test strips needed

Closed Thread