It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Diabetes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 05:37 AM   #1
(female)

Christianla55 HB User
Unhappy I am Diabetic and my feet keep swelling

I would like some advice on what to do about my feet swelling. They get really sore and tender and I would like to know what suggestions that people might have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 09:05 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mrs.confused HB User
Re: I am Diabetic and my feet keep swelling

Hi
my dr. told me when mine swell to try to keep them elavated above my heart for a while. she also suggested water pills. and make sure that you wear shoes. I have been having problems with my left hand and arm being numb. Kind of like it has been asleep and rrying to wake up but it wont. dont know what is going on there. feet and legs have been the same way buy on my right side. I think maybe I might have had a light stroke or something but I dont care. I have lost almost all the strength in my hand and arm altogether and cant even pick up a cup of coffee in it I might make a dr. appt for tomorrow. It all started with a massive headache that just wont go away. that is what killed my pappaw. stroke from his diabetes. I guess maybe thats how i will go too. I dont really care anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
(female)

Christianla55 HB User

The trick is to keep up a positive attitude about everything. Surround yourself with positive music, movies or whatever you like. But that is what always helps me. You do need to see a Dr. about your hands and legs though. You sound depressed so maybe a talk with a mental health professional wouldn't hurt either.

Old 08-23-2005, 12:22 AM   #4
(female)

Fancylady HB User

Hi to you diabetic sufferes,
I too suffer from type 11 diabetes. I also have feet swelling, numbness in legs
& feet. I woke up this morning with my feet feeling like they were on fire. My doc says it is called neuropathy. I was given a EMG to know the extent of the nerve damage. I also have a perscription of Neurontin. It helps but doesn't take care of it completely. For instance, if I'm on my feet an extended period of time, I will have trouble like I'm having right now. Perhaps
you should see your doc about it and see what he or she thinks. I want ro wish you good luck!
Billie

Closed Thread